Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

birthday party venue

Options
  • 29-12-2009 11:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hey all. I'm looking to organise a 30th birthday in Galway city for about 25 - 35 people. Anyone know any pub they would recommend for booking? Any help on this would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Shanley

The Galway Arms do delicious finger food, might be worth a look, jukebox in there too so control the music!

www.galwayarmsinn.com

Otherwise I'd suggest somewhere like Monroes maybe, they will prob do a deal to bring ye into the live music venue too!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

The cottage, lower salthill. Great pub, nice beers, they do free finger food for parties as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If everyone off boards isn't invited you can **** right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭howyanow

the office in salthill or cottage

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

I had my 30th in Bodkins.. In the "library" bar and it was brill!! Staff, food and atmosphere was fab!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭happyoutish

Oh... and I've been to a few parties in Kelehans in Bushypark! Can't fault them at all either.. They have a private room and they do it up for you if you want. The room is free and all you have to pay for is the food and entertainment (you can organise that yourself or they'll do it) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Clinque

I was at a fancy dress 30th birthday party in The Ruby Room in The Kings Head a couple of months ago and it was a great venue! It had its own bar and stage/dance area and they had finger food

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 caz1301

Im thinking of booking mine in 'the western'...prospect hill

We've had numerous family occasions there ..room at back of pub ....nice size room
    and close to town so more people likely to come

Booking mine next week for march

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 caz1301

Also my sister is talking about Morgans
    She said they have three areas so im gonna have a look in there this weekend
    and subj to avail they can give complimetary limo agghhhhh ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Massimo's on Sea Road usually reserve areas for small parties at no cost and also provide some finger food.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭pencil

We had one in the spanish arch hotel, we got a good a good area and finger the food was good http://www.spanisharchhotel.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

We had one in 903. Arrived at 8 so place was empty.
    A little while later the music comes on the DJ is cramming it up which means we cannot talk to each other.

So there we are in 903, 14 people in a corner in an otherwise empty room, unable to speak. Just staring at each other. Or pointing at the DJ and laughing.
    The DJ turned it down slightly when I asked but not to the level that we could talk.

I wanted to move everyone to a pub and maybe come back later but as we were promised free entrance to the upstairs the birthday girl didn't want to leave.

Easiest the crappiest birthday party I've been to, yes I am blaming you Bar 903, for ruining it.
    Upstairs was good because A) I was too drunk to care and B) I was too drunk to want to have proper conversation.
    I got drunk because downstairs there was nothing to do but drink as conversation was out of the question.

Best location I'd say is Buskers at the top (you get finger food, there's a bar) or Ruby Room in Kings Head. I've been to parties in both places and really like them. Particularly Ruby Room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 raisd

Are you sure it is on sea road?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

raisd wrote: »
    Are you sure it is on sea road?

Technically it's William St. But for all practical purposes ... it's a bit like the distinction between Shop St and Williamsgate / High / Quay Sts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Moved to the Galway City forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Dr. Greenthumb

The Cottage bar in Salthill give a free room for parties. Nice pub but not "in town". However if there is a good crowd of ye and your happy to chill in the same place all night then i think it's a pretty decent spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

If it's a big crowd... the rowing club in Woodquay. I don't know how affordable it is, but the ruby room is rentable (Kings head). Finally, if it's midweek, talk to No. 8 on the docks, they're sound

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Merged with the "birthday party venue" thread. Already has lots of suggestions, no need to repeat ourselves :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 raisd

that's right :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MaryanneGalway

Joanie-
    I just helped organise my boyfriends 30th birthday in the spanish arch hotel/bar on quay street. We arrived at about 8.30/9pm. It was a surprise party. We had an area in the bar to ourselves. The staff were really helpful with everything. We got free finger food for about 50 of us and there was no charge for reserving the area.
    They had a live band on and we were there until about 2am. I can't fault it at all! Great night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

JustMary wrote: »
    Technically it's William St. But for all practical purposes ... it's a bit like the distinction between Shop St and Williamsgate / High / Quay Sts.

to be totally anal its actually on William St. West and not William St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭TristanPeter

The Townhouse on Flood Street is very good. They reserve the first floor for you and it has it's own little bar. Very nice and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Starie1975

We left it late to book a place for the Girlfriend 30th, but I got Kirbys (Buskers) on Cross street. The only problem is that we can't start till nine, which is fine by me.

I've been to a party upstairs in Buskers before and it was quite good up there.

Also Monroes has a cool room for parties now.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭F.Galway

The Townhouse is nice as they reserve the upstairs area for you and it has its own bar and there finger food is good. I was at a party in buskers not too long ago upstairs and was great, has its own bar and the finger food is fantastic!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement