Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for mortgage, what do I need?

Options
  • 30-12-2009 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭

first time buyer, going to be going to the bank soon to get an approval in principal, so I know how much I would be able to borrow

what sort of info will I need to provide?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 greensman

Went through all this earlier in the year myself. Off the top of my head they ask for your last years P60 or more if you have them, a few of your latest payslips, details of bank accounts you have(balances), and a detailed note from your employer stating what you earn and what you could earn with overtime and bonuses. They also ask about the security of your job - another thing to get from your employer. Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭746watts

they'll also ask if you have any loans.
    If you get the mortgage approved beware of the add-ons offered...... repayment protection, insurance....... small print with those policies give them loads of get out clauses. consult citizens advice or similar for more informed detail.
    They make it sound like you better take out these extras coz its a huge bonus for them with little or no benefit to you coz of the small print crap.

Advertisement