Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confused songs?

Options
  • 30-12-2009 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

I didn't know how to title this thread but what im curious about are what people on these boards think about songs that have horrible, sad, ugly, depressing, etc subject matter but still probably inadverting warm the heart.

I was thinking Pearl Jam's take on Last Kiss or U2's haunting heroin ballad Running To Stand Still.

Your's? If you catch my drift.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Well, the best example is The Police's every breath you take. It's about stalking his ex or something but is interpretted as being a sweet song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 IsMiseJ

most of jason pierces canon. Hurt also springs to mind

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Alive by Pearl Jam, Burden in my Hand by Soundgarden, Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles, If you Don't, Don't by Jimmy Eat World

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

A calming lullabye, lulling you into apathy and submission.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

Yeah add Let Down to my list :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭dioltas

Outkast - Hey ya.

I think it counts, really happy poppy song but if you listen to the lyrics he seems to be singing about relationship problems and doubts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Angel by Sarah McLoughlin.
    Its a lovely song-i really love it but its actually about someone dying from a heroin overdose-someone from the Smashing Pumpkins if i remember right.
    (i'd post a link but am using my mobile)

Advertisement