Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PCWORLD N.IRELAND

• 30-12-2009 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Is someone was in the PC in sprucfield or newtownabey or Bangor? Is better offer for desktops out there, than in PCWorld here? And is it cheaper?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Prices up North are usually cheaper than down here, I'd recommend you check the prices on www.pcworld.co.uk and compare them with down here to see if it's worth your while going up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Picked up a laptop in Newtonabbey today (it was a replacement for one that was defective). By my reckoning it was roughly 15% cheaper than down South. I wouldn't go North specifically for a laptop or desktop- most online operations will beat their prices handsdown easily- but if you're there for other reasons- perhaps it might be convenient.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ChuckNorrisgod

what laptop did you pick up ?

thinking about a samsung myself there so so so light
    smccarrick wrote: »
    Picked up a laptop in Newtonabbey today (it was a replacement for one that was defective). By my reckoning it was roughly 15% cheaper than down South. I wouldn't go North specifically for a laptop or desktop- most online operations will beat their prices handsdown easily- but if you're there for other reasons- perhaps it might be convenient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

That response from smccarrick was 6 months ago. Considering that the Euro dived almost 15% since then I would assume that there is no big saving to be made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭g32

DubDani wrote: »
    That response from smccarrick was 6 months ago. Considering that the Euro dived almost 15% since then I would assume that there is no big saving to be made.

The Euro is on the rise again, you will be pleased to know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭91011

PC World in letterkenny is busier than their branch in Derry due to number of people from north travelling across the border to take advantage of cheaper prices in letterkenny - statement was from PC world ulster area manager.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

g32 wrote: »
    The Euro is on the rise again, you will be pleased to know.

Its still below 85p.
    I've still sterling I bought at 97.8p back at the end of 2008....... :)

Advertisement