Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 E74 - 1 Red light:(

• 30-12-2009 1:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

My xbox is giving the error message E74 when i start it up and it has 1 red light in the bottom right corner. Ive had the console since April 2008 and have been using a lot over the xmas holidays with Assasins Creed 2 being the main game.

However yesterday that all went wrong, when i put a DVD into play and i took it out the Xbox dashboard had my avator all pixelated and when i started up the game Assasisn Creed 2 again the screen was all corrupted. When i restarted the console i got 1 red light and the E74 message. Im gutted really i was loving AC2 and with it on a big screen HD TV it looked amazing i was thinking wow no need for a PC anymore with the graphics on this TV. Plus with all the free time of the xmas holidays it was an idela time to get stuck in.

Ive heard of all the problems with the xbox 360 before and thought that those problems had been fixed i remember thinking when i bought it just to play GTA4 that i "dont care if it ****s up i just wanna play GTA 4". I never thought id be eating those words. Mine was manufacturered on march 2008 so i thought that it would be fine.

Anyway i guess theres no quick fix to the problem? ive tried all solutions i found apart from opening the console up as its still in waranty thank god. Tried a different cable the VGA one and the one you get with it and when both are connected to the XBOX i get a red light and no go. I was wondering if theres a slim chance of the HDMI cable working? or should i just get it sent back to Xbox repairs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭OnTheBalls

For all of their **** ups the microsoft customer care are great. I have had a few problems with the xbox. Two broke down on me. They were from 2005/2006. I just got a new console within ten days twice. Not sure what the error is but it will be taken care of by ms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

E74 is covered under the 3 year extended warranty by Microsoft. Request a repair on xbox.com or call Microsoft Xbox support to arrange a repair. It's the safest option

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

E74 is covered under the 3 year extended warranty by Microsoft. Request a repair on xbox.com or call Microsoft Xbox support to arrange a repair. It's the safest option

yeah first place i went and ive got the email label thinks or whatever there called:( after reading the thread here about the red light i can wonder what hack job fix they will do on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭shanec1928

OnTheBalls wrote: »
    For all of their **** ups the microsoft customer care are great. I have had a few problems with the xbox. Two broke down on me. They were from 2005/2006. I just got a new console within ten days twice. Not sure what the error is but it will be taken care of by ms.
    if they had good English it would be a help

Advertisement