Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EPL on Sky Germany 2010/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 CircusIntro

What the
    Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I've never seen Spanish football live on Sky Germany. Is this starting next season?

Excellent package BTW. Every single game from the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga shown live. Europa League, Champs League, DFB Pokal and Premiership. Will be renewing come the end of my sub.

Just a bit off topic , Just noticed you have a Hamburg Scarf in you sig ,

What are your thoughts on this

http://sport.stv.tv/football/135231-celtic-greeted-with-no-surrender-banner-in-hamburg/

I have travelled all over Europe for the more than 10 years supporting Celtic and I was at the game in question , I have to say the atmosphere in the stadium that night was pure poison, The Club Managment should have been sanctioned by UEFA for allowing such a provocative display take place, I for one was ecstatic that Fulham are playing in the Final to-morrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I've never seen Spanish football live on Sky Germany. Is this starting next season?

Excellent package BTW. Every single game from the Bundesliga and 2. Bundesliga shown live. Europa League, Champs League, DFB Pokal and Premiership. Will be renewing come the end of my sub.
    Spanish?
    There was spanish a couple of years back on premiere (now sky germany). Also was italian football and last year even big games in Holland were available.
    All now are gone!

The only upside is that seeing as Roy McElroy is doing so well in the Golf, maybe I will watch some of that seeing as i am paying for it. Commentary almost always available in english, or whatever they speak in America :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,343 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

What the

Just a bit off topic , Just noticed you have a Hamburg Scarf in you sig ,

What are your thoughts on this

http://sport.stv.tv/football/135231-celtic-greeted-with-no-surrender-banner-in-hamburg/

I have travelled all over Europe for the more than 10 years supporting Celtic and I was at the game in question , I have to say the atmosphere in the stadium that night was pure poison, The Club Managment should have been sanctioned by UEFA for allowing such a provocative display take place, I for one was ecstatic that Fulham are playing in the Final to-morrow night

(Not the right section but it would be rude not to answer)
    I've been asked this many times, football fans outside of Germany seem to judge HSV fans off this incident and it's not really fair(it's happened on this site too). There's this affiliation with Rangers which apparently means we have to hate Celtic too(which I don't). Deep down no HSV fans have anything against Celtic, and I know alot of those 1,000 or so fans in that section didn't know how serious/hurtful it was.

Everyone needs to move on, it happened in November. Worse has happened!. The songs coming from the Celtic support weren't all that nice afterall. Yes, Celtic win fan behavior awards, but they aren't all angels. It's the same with every club in thw world, there's always a few c**ts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Take it to the football forum please.

Pal wrote: »
    Take it to the football forum please.

I acknowledged it was the wrong forum, no need to beat us with the mod whip :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 skinny6781

just on http://liveonsat.com and it looks like sky germany has a load off the 12.45 and 3pm kick off on the premiership , can anyone confirm you can get this in ireland (how to get it ?)and most off all is there english commentry ??

skinny6781 wrote: »
    just on http://liveonsat.com and it looks like sky germany has a load off the 12.45 and 3pm kick off on the premiership , can anyone confirm you can get this in ireland (how to get it ?)and most off all is there english commentry ??

Yes, there is English commentary. Usually there is English commentary on their Champions League/Europa League coverage when an English team is involved too.

To get it you need a dish pointed at 19.2E and you need to get a Sky Deutschland card.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 skinny6781

Thank you ,
    is the commentry in english in all the game or just big one do you know as dont want to spend 1000 euro on a card for it this not in english,

do you know anyone who supplyes these cards ???

skinny6781 wrote: »
    Thank you ,
    is the commentry in english in all the game or just big one do you know as dont want to spend 1000 euro on a card for it this not in english,

do you know anyone who supplyes these cards ???

Yes english is on all matches. They used the European premier league feed last season. No Andy Gray from what I remember which was f**king awesome.

I get my card from a friend in Germany so I wouldn't know who supplies them. Maybe Marconi Digital does.
    I know liveonsat do in their shop but be aware that liveonsat's card doesn't include the Bundesliga channel that shows all the bundesliga games from the top 2 divisions live. I don't know if that is of any interest to you though. I'm sure someone here would know more satellite websites than me that could let you know what places sell them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Yes english is on all matches. They used the European premier league feed last season. No Andy Gray from what I remember which was f**king awesome.

I get my card from a friend in Germany so I wouldn't know who supplies them. Maybe Marconi Digital does.
    I know liveonsat do in their shop but be aware that liveonsat's card doesn't include the Bundesliga channel that shows all the bundesliga games from the top 2 divisions live. I don't know if that is of any interest to you though. I'm sure someone here would know more satellite websites than me that could let you know what places sell them.

Its a very good package, their currently on 1 HD Sport Channel which may be a hassle due to there prioritizing of German League on it - if your an EPL fan.....

Commentary is from the world EPL feed & picture on SD Channels is very very good.

Little bit pricey - but if you have the dough the package that is much better is Sky Italy. Serious amount of live EPL on it & again all in English too.

• Advertisement

Sky Sport HD2 launching soon mate, possibly at the start of August. Saw it on an advert a few weeks ago. Should be good to go!

Sky Sport HD2 launching soon mate, possibly at the start of August. Saw it on an advert a few weeks ago. Should be good to go!

Ye Boy Ya Oatesy!

Great news :)

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Ye Boy Ya Oatesy!

Great news :)

13th of August is the launch date. I couldn't remember what date the ad said and it was bothering me so I had to go on the hunt for it :D.

http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/abonnieren-paket-infos.jsp?selectedArea=hd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

13th of August is the launch date. I couldn't remember what date the ad said and it was bothering me so I had to go on the hunt for it :D.

http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/abonnieren-paket-infos.jsp?selectedArea=hd

Just in time for the EPL!

Canal+ Finland will be sharing coverage with MTV3, with a launch of a new HD channel.

Also we may be in luck with TV2 sports Norway and their weaker transponder, if rumors are right they are actually launching EPL channels and not using their current sport channels?

snaps wrote: »
    Also we may be in luck with TV2 sports Norway and their weaker transponder, if rumors are right they are actually launching EPL channels and not using their current sport channels?

Lj's has the TV2 EPL channels listed as TV2 EPL1, TV2 EPL2 etc and no transponders listed yet. So it's possible. It'd be great if they were new channels on a stronger tp.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

Sky germany will have a dedicated hd channel for 3 pm kickoffs I hear with english commentary also.

I reckon the norweigean channels will be on the wide signal so we should get them also.

Nova sport have hd also on 23 east with hd coverage for the 3 pm stuff, pretty sure its english too.

Sky sports HD2 and a few others now with test card on Astra 19.2 10773.25 H 22000 2/3 DVBS-2 8PSK

settopbox wrote: »
    Sky germany will have a dedicated hd channel for 3 pm kickoffs I hear with english commentary also.

I reckon the norweigean channels will be on the wide signal so we should get them also.

Nova sport have hd also on 23 east with hd coverage for the 3 pm stuff, pretty sure its english too.

Norwegian channels are on the K1 beam which I'm getting on a touch & go on my 88cm. 1m should be no issue at all.

Manc-Red wrote: »
    Norwegian channels are on the K1 beam which I'm getting on a touch & go on my 88cm. 1m should be no issue at all.

I cant work this K1 beam out. The Transponder of TV2 HD where TV2EPL 3 is, I can get no problems at the moment, but rain, she's gone. (10.841V)

TV2EPL 1+2 Transponder is very strong indeed (10.934V)

Canal+HD/Canal+Sport HD no signal whats so ever (10.934H)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭irishchris

I cant work this K1 beam out. The Transponder of TV2 HD where TV2EPL 3 is, I can get no problems at the moment, but rain, she's gone. (10.841V)

hi mate

i have same problem. i have no problem getting tv2 epl 1/2/3 but cannot get canal+ nordic film hd or sport hd on same transponder here in west ireland!!

• Advertisement

On the east coast its a beam that can be caught, we're you are it would need a big big dish I'd say

Sky sports HD2 and a few others now with test card on Astra 19.2 10773.25 H 22000 2/3 DVBS-2 8PSK

Didn't realise they were launching a Sky Action HD channel. Brilliant!

Disappointed with the Sky Sport 2(SD) quality at the minute for the Man Sh!tty v Spurs game.

It might be just that I have been spoiled over the summer with all the World Cup games in HD. But it looks a lot worse than it has been in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,109 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Disappointed with the Sky Sport 2(SD) quality at the minute for the Man Sh!tty v Spurs game.

It might be just that I have been spoiled over the summer with all the World Cup games in HD. But it looks a lot worse than it has been in the past.

Yes ,I noticed that too,its very poor,looks like no deinterlacing on it,the white lines are very blurry.
    You should see the Tring picture quality,its diabolical,like a web stream and the sound is tinny.

I struggled to get English audio HD coverage of the spurs game today. I went for Sport 1 (23.5 east) in the end with dutch commentry. Stunning picture.

Fantastic quality on the new HD channel today, gotta love it!

Plus NO ANDY GRAY!

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/5909/skysporthd23.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭twig

Plus NO ANDY GRAY!

:O That looks sick!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Plus NO ANDY GRAY!

Absolutely sexy PQ. No Andy Gray is always a plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

I wasnt impressed for the Pool - Arsenal game on Sky Sports HD 2.

If you switched over to the Hamburg game on HD 1 the difference in quality was huge.

• Advertisement

redout wrote: »
    I wasnt impressed for the Pool - Arsenal game on Sky Sports HD 2.

If you switched over to the Hamburg game on HD 1 the difference in quality was huge.

Really?
    I thought the quality was much better on the EPL game myself.... Much better than the quality of the football borefest taking place on the pitch I might add ;).

Then again the camera at the HSV - Torgelow game was VERY low down so I couldn't get a proper view. The on screen graphics were good though.

Advertisement