Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iron in guinness

Options
  • 30-12-2009 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone knows how much iron there is in guinness. I've been told it can be a good iron source
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I'm fairly sure that's a myth and that there's very little iron in Guinness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Yeah there's a tiny amount of iron and b vitamins in it but it definitely should not be considered a good source of vitamins and/or minerals.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

BeerNut wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure that's a myth and that there's very little iron in Guinness.

I think you could be right there ...

The EU have now banned Guinness from using the old slogan "Guinness is good for You" as they could not really prove that Guinness actually any tangible benifits over any other beer.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Just wondering if anyone knows how much iron there is in guinness. I've been told it can be a good iron source

0.3mg -> 0.5mg of iron per pint.

RDA = 8mg (men) and 18mg (women)

Advertisement