Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD TV: Which one & where to get it?

Options
  • 30-12-2009 4:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi there, its been a while since i was last on this site,

I'm looking to see if i can get a good deal on an LCD/PLASMA probably 40'' i see one advertised on the telly for about E400 in Curry's irish stores, do they still use the UK VAT to lure customers in as i'm aware the vat rate goes up on the 1st Jan in the North.

Is it better to get it in the North or will they offer you a good price, has anyone done this.

What are the things to look out for in getting a HD TV, i've heard the more pixels you get are better for the pic, anything else?

Thanks for any help received.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

Maybe i'm late askin or they're all gone?

But if i could try & get some idea as i'd like to take this info with me tomorrow as you could get bamboozled with info from the salesman that you'll be overwhelmed with & regretfully walk away!

Thanks, as i tried to ring the Irish store y'day but couldnt get thru & the same today?
    If there are any recommendations i'd appreciate it.

Have i posted this in the wrong place? Apologies if i have.

I remember this time last year there was a lot of commotion over tv's in Tesco as basquille got a 37" (Sony i think) after choosing from quite a few, but it was the help he got from choosing the different types but i think it was the extra few yrs warranty that clinched it AFAIK,

I was hoping by the time i would get around getting one, i'd come on here and ask the experts.

Advertisement