Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dream Team

• 30-12-2009 4:12am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

Anyone else watch this back in the day? I used to love the earlier seasons with Fletch, Linda, Rodriguez and Jerry Block, those were the good ones. But then they decided to kill off the entire squad every few years and it just got crap. I found this list of all the crazy stuff that happened the club over the 10 years it was on air, and some of it was just bizarre...
    • The chairman hires a gunman to kill their star player after the FA Cup final, but ends up shooting the club captain instead.
    • Their plane crashes after a UEFA Cup game killing 5 or 6 players
    • The next owner ends up being murdered on the same day they qualify for the Champions League.
    • Their bus crashes on the way to the UEFA Cup final, killing around half the squad.
    • Their goalkeeper keeps the entire squad hostage in the dressing room.
    • Their manager bets £500,000 on the team to be relegated by the end of the season. He ends up assassinated in the dressing room after they survive in the final day of the season.
    • Straight after that match the owner raffles the club to one random fan in the stadium.
    • Even though they qualify for the Champions League, UEFA demotes them to the Championship because of the match fixing scandal.
    • One of their best players kills himself by jumping off the roof of the stadium because of the bullying he suffered under the new manager.
    • On the same day they win the Championship play-off final, that same manager (who murdered fan favourite Karl Fletcher) drives a car full of explosives into the bus, killing all but 3 players in the squad.
    • They finally win the Premiership for the first time...on the same day the stadium burns to the ground in a fire.

I'm sure there's tons more missing, like Marcel Sabatier who was killed by lethal injection while he was sleeping. Was glad to see it go in the end though, the final 2 seasons after the Millennium Stadium explosion were just horrific.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

God I loved that show, I was soo shocked when the team bus blew up. Wish there was somewhere to watch all the old episodes again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yeah I remember I was a fan at the beginning. The days of the Hocknells. I gave up after about season 3 though as they just seemed to go through cast members quicker than Fergie goes through chewing gum.

They had a few stunners on that show from what I remember. My particular favourite was Natalie:

HelenLatha.jpg

Dean Hocknell was very lucky with the ladies. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

You know, people hail Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke as one of the best partnerships the Premier League has seen.

They aint got nothin' on Karl Fletcher and Luis Amor Rodriguez if you ask me.

Archimedes wrote: »
    You know, people hail Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke as one of the best partnerships the Premier League has seen.

They aint got nothin' on Karl Fletcher and Luis Amor Rodriguez if you ask me.

The fletch in his prime would have gave Fernando Torres a run for his money :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

"Oi Oi! Alright darlin!" Fletch was an absolute legend. Great show with a ridiculous consistency for crackin looking birds. Gina Moliano and Nikki Peggs ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I remember they bought a player for loads of money and then he goes blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I remember they bought a player for loads of money and then he goes blind.

Luke Davenport from Barca AFAIK after Shane Lynch took over the club, scumbag accent and all :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/1118488.stm
    When The Times printed an exclusive report on Liverpool's efforts to sign French under-21 striker Didier Baptiste for £3.5m, more than a few eyebrows were raised.

It wasn't the fact Gerard Houllier was signing another foreigner, or that he could be a Frenchman of high potential that provoked so much controversy.

It was the fact that Baptiste didn't actually exist.

He was an entirely fictious footballer who plays for Harchester United, the football team in the TV soap "Dream Team".

It seems football clubs are willing to stretch to endless limits in an attempt to rejuvenate ailing fortunes on the pitch.

Hoki wrote: »

Oh yeah I remember that, Classic :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

if a new teacher came into our class in school we would tell her our names are Eddie Moliano, karl fletcher and so on. heck, we even had a Jerry Block :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Xavi6 wrote: »
    "Oi Oi! Alright darlin!" Fletch was an absolute legend. Great show with a ridiculous consistency for crackin looking birds. Gina Moliano and Nikki Peggs ftw.

Tash Parker was a stunner aswell, but none of them hold a candle to the bird from the Real Hustle, who was in it in the later series.

2326489405_ce06978c4a.jpg

God I miss Dream Team.

Advertisement