Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First Timelapse

• 30-12-2009 7:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

I made my first ever attempt at creating a Timelapse sequence the other evening. I'd be curious to see what people think or if they have any tips.

You can see the result here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94tdTl4_j9k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭GavinZac

The light at the top left was very distracting. Maybe thats just me :) Also, it didn't feel like enough changed for it to be really effective - it slightly gave the impression to me of being a 1fps security camera (again, ive worked with these, so maybe just me...). Maybe starting the sequence before sunset and going into it once per minute might have really gradually changed the whole image?

Im being picky though, it was pretty cool :)

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

I like it, makes me want to do something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Its pretty, but whatever you used to compress the timeline made it a jerky mess, its not smooth at all. The light in the top left is horribly distracting. Its got potential but needs work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

I think to improve it you should make each frame appear for less time, and crop out the light at the top left. Also more change in light would be better, rather than just watching cars pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭glaston

You are lucky to have a good vantage point, imo it would be much improved if it started in the afternoon or thereabouts and captured the sky light fading and the car lights becoming brighter. The gradual change in daylight would contrast nicely with the hum and activity of the traffic.

Dont know how this would work with the bridge lights tho, they might come on a bit abruptly.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement