Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hasselblad vs g10

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Very interesting article indeed.
    .............but lets 'not' get carried away :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭mindundalk

Its great to see reviews like this one, however i have been a devoted hasselblad man since i started my pro career in 05 and so looking at FIGURE 2 in the review i can see straight away that the p45 file is richer in colour and definition.
    i use the H3D with dedicated hasselblad back and for back up the canon 5d mark 2 and i have also tested both on the same shots and so far there is a huge difference to me in both quality and detail, but hey its just an opinion

good post very helpful

m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

mindundalk wrote: »
    looking at FIGURE 2 in the review i can see straight away that the p45 file is richer in colour and definition.

can you really tell much difference on a 800x600 size picture though, is it just a bit more saturation you're seeing? I can see the difference but if I was looking at two large prints with no labels it might be a different story

interesting article

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭mindundalk

can you really tell much difference on a 800x600 size picture though, is it just a bit more saturation you're seeing? I can see the difference but if I was looking at two large prints with no labels it might be a different story

interesting article

Your probably right but however the larger print would defo be the deciding factor but at the moment nothing could drag me away from my hassey:) check out my web site www.lifestylephotography.ie and even at web sizes i think the hasselblad is awesome. hope you dont think im being negative.

m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,404 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Your probably right but however the larger print would defo be the deciding factor but at the moment nothing could drag me away from my hassey:) check out my web site www.lifestylephotography.ie and even at web sizes i think the hasselblad is awesome. hope you dont think im being negative.

m

I think the tree shots used are probably not the best type of shots to show the difference in picture quality. I think the article is good in highlighting how good sub €1000 cameras have become (for certain types of photography) but don't doubt day in day out the hasselblad would consistently get better results

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

m

Aye, but just try putting your hassey in your pocket when you're going out for a walk.:D
    The best camera is the one you have with you when a opportunity arises.

Horses for courses really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

The best camera is the one you have with you when a opportunity arises
    ^^ excellent point :D
    ....except when its a 1MP camera phone eeeeeeek ! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

its like comparing a truck with a van, both are equal up until a point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭WedPhoto

very interesting read. i also can see that the hassey image is richer and sharper. and for sure the difference between the 2 would be a lot more visible when doing larger prints.

but on the other hand very well done for the G1. more than decent in comparison with a professional camera - a 40,000 USD professional camera!

hehe i bet all hasselblad users feel riped off...ah well.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

^^ excellent point :D
    ....except when its a 1MP camera phone eeeeeeek ! :eek:

or an iphone :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement