Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EirText / Cabbage Mobile alternative for Android?

Options
  • 30-12-2009 12:34pm
    Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭

Got a HTC Hero on Meteor BillPay Connect 200 so im using up my texts really quick..

I cant seem to find an app that will allow me to use my webtexts like Eirtext on the iPhone or Cabbage Mobile on J2ME handsets. I heard something about a Java VM for the Android but cant find anything about it myself..

Anyone else have Cabbage Mobile running on Android or an alternate solution?

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Did your Hero come with an app called Java installed?
    If so, this is the VM that will allow you to run Cabbage

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Didn't come with it anyway.. Any idea where I can get it?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭IH77

Bit of an old thread but I found something that you might be interested in and appears to work.

There is an app called "Beta SMS" that allows you to send cheap texts using betamax credit (e.g. voipbuster, smsdiscount etc).

Just installed it on the HTC Hero for international texts and seems to work well. Texts are about 2 or 3 cents depending where you send in the world. I save my 200 free Meteor texts for Irish numbers only.

(still hoping to run Cabbage in the future though to use my Meteor webtexts).

Edit: meant to add that it also saves your sent messages in Android's SMS application which is a handy feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭saeglopur

I use Jelly sms. Its only available as a beta so sign up for more info and you should receive an invite after a few days. Allows you to use your meteor webtexts and its completely free

http://jsms.wufoo.com/forms/z7x4z5/

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭cerebis

try textdroid.... just installed it there now and it works fine:

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/communication/textdroid_gtfw.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

whats with all the zombie threads today?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement