Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TOM BRENNAN 5km NEW YEARS DAY CANCELLED

• 30-12-2009 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

Unfortunately the Tom Brennan New Years Day race is cancelled - looks like the predicted adverse weather conditions due on Thursday night will make conditions too dangerous.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

Damn it. Thanks for letting us know Bren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

So disappointing :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I got a phone call at lunch time to inform me of this. Disappointed but really impressed with a phonecall to tell me. Oh well I'll just have to get hammered tomorrow night instead. God DAMN IT!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Got a phone call as well, just as I was boarding a the plane to come back today. Dissapointed to not get to ace now, but as RQ says, just have to go and get drunk instead. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭Jay Pentatonic

F:eek:CK!!
    I'm really annoyed about that,
    must find new race fast!!!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Jay1989 wrote: »
    F:eek:CK!!
    I'm really anoyed about that,
    must find new race fast!!!:(

There's a 5k in Dundalk on Saturday, no idea what the weather is like there.

There's a 5k in Dundalk on Saturday, no idea what the weather is like there.

Thanks!
    I saw the site "www.athleticsleinster.org" but when I clicked to see the flyer, nothing came up. Do you know if I'm missing any important info, like if I can come up & pay on the day etc??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

As if by magic..........

Regrettably Mountpleasant Athletic Club have to cancel the 5k road race scheduled for 2nd January due to the long range weather forecast. The committee are taking the advises of Met Eireann in respect to the adverse weather conditions predicted and the warnings on unnecessary travel We apologise for any inconvenience this decision may cause to our supporters.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jinka

Seems the weather is much improved today. I wonder if it will be a lovely day tomr after all?

• Advertisement
Advertisement