Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlestar Galactica 1978

• 30-12-2009 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Yep the original and imo the best!

I liked the 1978 one and the 1980 series. I haven't taken to the recent 're-imagining' of it though. It's not got the magic of the original.

I've started a very nice lens on this subject.

http://www.squidoo.com/battlestargalactica1978

In 2010-1 the new BSG movie is coming out and Bryan Singer is directing. Looking forward to that :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Badboy1977

I got to admit Im a fan of the original too. There was a lot more charisma tio the characters. In the new series they went overboard by having hybrid cylon/humans. Pregnant cylons-give me a break! It was a cheesy series in some respects but I like cheese.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

You two are nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

noodler wrote: »
    You two are nuts.

Dude, you shouldn't even be on this thread if you don't like sci-fi, or did you not check the sub-forum title? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,220 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd have to agree with noodler here. I can recommend a good psychiatrist if needed :P

But seriously, the newer series is so much better then the original. I suppose i didnt see it when it was on (what with not being born at the time), but its just cheesy as hell these days. The new series is dark, gritty, has believeable characters that you actually care about (Saul Tigh you god damn legend!) and is, overall, a far better show.

Dude, you
    shouldn't even be on this thread if you don't like sci-fi, or did you not check the sub-forum title? :rolleyes:

I don't understand, are you sayin the new series isn't Sci Fi?

I was simply expressing my disbelief that someone could prefer the original show to the new one which is around 50 times better.

Also, no need for rollie eyes Grandpa!

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd have to agree with noodler here. I can recommend a good psychiatrist if needed :P

But seriously, the newer series is so much better then the original. I suppose i didnt see it when it was on (what with not being born at the time), but its just cheesy as hell these days. The new series is dark, gritty, has believeable characters that you actually care about (Saul Tigh you god damn legend!) and is, overall, a far better show.

Precisely.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »

Just to clarify-you have seen the old series? The New series is obviously superior in terms of effects and production but they also got a longer run. The original was cancelled because at the time its ratings were not justified on its million per episode budget. A million per episode is minuscule now. You dont have to pick one over the other. The new series went a bit LOST in its story lines. Pregnant cylones-give me a bloody break?!

Badboy1977 wrote: »
    Pregnant cylones-give me a bloody break?!

Conversely, have you seen the new one in its entirety?

Pregnant Cylons made up a pretty small part of it.

If we could now genetically produce a pig that could successfully mate with an organi one then isn't that similiar?

Anyway, could always say, Spaceships? Gimmie a break Robots...break. No silly cloak? Break. All Cylons not taking orders from Count Baltar (complete with cloak) Break.

I will admit I have not seen the entire new series because I lost patience with it. As a Sci fi fan I can obviously strech my suspension of belief but the new series overdid it for me.

I might watch it on DVd when they produce a full DVD version(dealt with this on another thread). The acting and charm was better on the old series but as stated it does not have to be one or the other. Its hard to compare a series made in 1978 with one made nearly 30 years later.

Badboy1977 wrote: »
    I will admit I have not seen the entire new series because I lost patience with it. As a Sci fi fan I can obviously strech my suspension of belief but the new series overdid it for me.

I might watch it on DVd when they produce a full DVD version(dealt with this on another thread). The acting and charm was better on the old series but as stated it does not have to be one or the other. Its hard to compare a series made in 1978 with one made nearly 30 years later.

Doesn't a traitorous human commad the cylons in the old one? Isn't there some Reptillian (seriously!) king in the old one? Don't the cylons have a home planet with Cylon civilians?

No idea how you can suspend belief for the old one and not the new one.

Each to their own but I'm proud to be one ofthe vast majority who recognise the revamp for the genious it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

BSG 1978 was ok, typical late 1970s sci-fi show spured on by the Star Wars hype. The plot was good but some of the characters were dreadful to say the least, especially Boxy and the two bimbos always fighting over Star Buck. A camp Cylon called Lucifer and numerous silly looking aliens didn't help either imo.

BSG 1980 should never have been made, some folks talk about pregnant Cylons in the reimaged version, have a look at BSG 1980, flying scouts ffs and the milky bar kid with a british accent who was supposed to be Star Buck's child. The only redeaming episode was the halloween one where the cylons actually landed on Earth and the centurion was mistaken to be in costume by some drugged out hippies.

The reimaged version had a great unravelling story, interesting characters and rated as one of the best sci-fi shows of all time despite not having one alien through out the series.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 686 ✭✭✭bangersandmash

Would have to agree that the old version cannot hold a candle to the new series. Special effects or budgets are not the issue. If anything the effects make little impact with the exception of the very end of the last series. On the other hand there are plenty of well-written once-off episodes that are highly entertaining. Comparisons to Lost are unfair - I was actually impressed that BSG managed to maintain structure for most of the show (with a little wavering in early Series 4) and wrap things up in a relatively orderly way.

bazz26 wrote: »
    BSG 1978 was ok, typical late 1970s sci-fi show spured on by the Star Wars hype. The plot was good but some of the characters were dreadful to say the least, especially Boxy and the two bimbos always fighting over Star Buck. A camp Cylon called Lucifer and numerous silly looking aliens didn't help either imo.

BSG 1980 should never have been made, some folks talk about pregnant Cylons in the reimaged version, have a look at BSG 1980, flying scouts ffs and the milky bar kid with a british accent who was supposed to be Star Buck's child. The only redeaming episode was the halloween one where the cylons actually landed on Earth and the centurion was mistaken to be in costume by some drugged out hippies.

The reimaged version had a great unravelling story, interesting characters and rated as one of the best sci-fi shows of all time despite not having one alien through out the series.

BSG 1980 was shotgunned into being with a big list of 'clauses' that including catering to a family/kids audience (the original 1978 was adult orientated in ways the new one can only dream), educational and have nearly all the action take place on or around earth.
    So they worked with what they could and did the best available with fck all cash, compared to the new BSG.
    As a kid I loved both BSG 1978 and 1980 equally so I don't see what all the fuss is about.
    Now as an adult if I compare the new 'reimagining' with the old 1978 version I'd pick the 1978 version every time. :)
    The reimagining for a start is working with the original concept but running too far and too fast. That was never what it was all about. If the old one was a bit rough around the edges and a bit too 'macho' then the new one has the whole emaciated 1990s / 2000s man. I mean why make Starbuck a woman and Boomer!?

The old series had a whole bunch of female fighter pilots in it and they added to the spice to the whole atmosphere.
    But this new Starbuck character didn't do anything for me, she was like a woman in a mans trousers.
    Now that's cool and I don't see a fault per sa but not when you steal the role from a male character in the first place.

That's like re-making the film aliens with a male lead character playing Ripley.
    I think they tried too hard to please the feminazi types and it backfired a bit there.

The SFX is very good and impressive I'm not knocking it for that. The actings not bad either, but the direction and story they took isn't one many fans took to.

Doesn't a traitorous human commad the cylons in the old one? Isn't there some Reptillian (seriously!) king in the old one? Don't the cylons have a home planet with Cylon civilians?

No idea how you can suspend belief for the old one and not the new one.

Each to their own but I'm proud to be one ofthe vast majority who recognise the revamp for the genious it is.

Partly correct but no means genius.

The reptilians created the cylons who turned and destroyed their masters and the cylon 'king' is fashioned after one but is a robot/cyborg.
    Cylon civilian? Sure why not? This is a sci-fi genre afterall.

You have to understand that BSG (reimagining) took a 'Hard Sci-Fi' approach (that didn't really work that well) vs BSG TOS 'Open-ended Sci-Fi' (which pretty much did work).

I mean V the miniseries (both the old and new) have reptilians in them and they fly around in space ships too so it's not an unknown concept by anymeans in sci-fi :)

BSG 1980 was shotgunned into being with a big list of 'clauses' that including catering to a family/kids audience (the original 1978 was adult orientated in ways the new one can only dream), educational and have nearly all the action take place on or around earth.
    So they worked with what they could and did the best available with fck all cash, compared to the new BSG.

How on earth was the old one more adult-orientated? If it was forced to cater for kids and families as you say then can you please resolve this contradiction for me?

Feck all cash? Wasn't it a million per episode an absolute fortune in th 70s? If anything I bet the original series had more money for its first season than the re-imagined one did.

EDIT: Obviously taking into account the respective values of 1 million now and 30+ years ago before anyone gets smart.

The reimagining for a start is working with the original concept but running too far and too fast. That was never what it was all about. If the old one was a bit rough around the edges and a bit too 'macho' then the new one has the whole emaciated 1990s / 2000s man. I mean why make Starbuck a woman and Boomer!?

The old series had a whole bunch of female fighter pilots in it and they added to the spice to the whole atmosphere.
    But this new Starbuck character didn't do anything for me, she was like a woman in a mans trousers.
    Now that's cool and I don't see a fault per sa but not when you steal the role from a male character in the first place.

That's like re-making the film aliens with a male lead character playing Ripley.
    I think they tried too hard to please the feminazi types and it backfired a bit there.

The SFX is very good and impressive I'm not knocking it for that. The actings not bad either, but the direction and story they took isn't one many fans took to.

Again, if anything the old one was 'camp' compared to the re-imagined series in my opinion, I certainly don't see the macho aspects of it. There were female characters but most of them were fairly tough and realistic tbh and didn't just pander to the 1970s housewife stereotype of some of the women in the original series.

The acting is far better in the new series, I can't even enertain an argument to the contrary - honestly I won't change your mind if that is what you think. You say the story just isn't the one original fans fell in love with? Okay, fair enough. I personally think there were only so many Cylon attacks on the fleet they could do and in the re-imagined series they mostly moved out of the post-season 1.
    Partly correct but no means genius.

The reptilians created the cylons who turned and destroyed their masters and the cylon 'king' is fashioned after one but is a robot/cyborg.
    Cylon civilian? Sure why not? This is a sci-fi genre afterall.

You have to understand that BSG (reimagining) took a 'Hard Sci-Fi' approach (that didn't really work that well) vs BSG TOS 'Open-ended Sci-Fi' (which pretty much did work).

I mean V the miniseries (both the old and new) have reptilians in them and they fly around in space ships too so it's not an unknown concept by any means in sci-fi :)

I can't really knock the use of aliens if thats what they wanted but I think it is far more prophetic to have it as a human creation. I think robot civilians are a bit of a silly idea personally, wandering about a planet going about their business, robotic voices and everything. It made more sense in the new series for me because at least they were humans made in the Cylon image.

How on earth was the old one more adult-orientated? If it was forced to cater for kids and families as you say then can you please resolve this contradiction for me?

Feck all cash? Wasn't it a million per episode an absolute fortune in th 70s? If anything I bet the original series had more money for its first season than the re-imagined one did.

EDIT: Obviously taking into account the respective values of 1 million now and 30+ years ago before anyone gets smart.

Again, if anything the old one was 'camp' compared to the re-imagined series in my opinion, I certainly don't see the macho aspects of it. There were female characters but most of them were fairly tough and realistic tbh and didn't just pander to the 1970s housewife stereotype of some of the women in the original series.

The acting is far better in the new series, I can't even enertain an argument to the contrary - honestly I won't change your mind if that is what you think. You say the story just isn't the one original fans fell in love with? Okay, fair enough. I personally think there were only so many Cylon attacks on the fleet they could do and in the re-imagined series they mostly moved out of the post-season 1.

I can't really knock the use of aliens if thats what they wanted but I think it is far more prophetic to have it as a human creation. I think robot civilians are a bit of a silly idea personally, wandering about a planet going about their business, robotic voices and everything. It made more sense in the new series for me because at least they were humans made in the Cylon image.

Yeah but changing the whole humans are the creators angle just muddy's the water and generates needless guilt-trip vibes.
    At least in the original it's clear cut good vs evil and not confusing the audience needlessly.
    The Reptilians saw that with an immortal race based on mankind they'd rule the roost so they created the cylons. This is how you get the robtic angle there :)
    Don't know about you but the whole pandering to the 70s housewife thing is obviously the opinion of either an emaciated man who kowtows to a feminazi agenda. Or someone who wants women to become men. Not pretty and not even realistic.

I can tell you from serving in the armed forces that women like the new 'starbuck' are nonexistant.
    Whereas at least in BSG TOS there is some realism with the characters.

Yeah but changing the whole humans are the creators angle just muddy's the water and generates needless guilt-trip vibes.
    At least in the original it's clear cut good vs evil and not confusing the audience needlessly.

Sorry if it confused you but I am happy the waters were muddied and we had something less a little more sophisticated than a good V evil arc.

Don't know about you but the whole pandering to the 70s housewife thing is obviously the opinion of either an emaciated man who kowtows to a feminazi agenda. Or someone who wants women to become men. Not pretty and not even realistic.

I can tell you from serving in the armed forces that women like the new 'starbuck' are nonexistant.
    Whereas at least in BSG TOS there is some realism with the characters.

Not entirely sure where you are going with this but the women in the reimagined series had actual roles (Cain , Starbuck, Sharons, Sixes) and were not part of the furniture to the degree the majority of women in the 1978 version were.

I am not getting dragged into whatever other argument you seem to be heading towards at the end there but times have changed since 1978 and it was silly to expect the role of women in the show to have stayed the same.

Sorry if it confused you but I am happy the waters were muddied and we had something less a little more sophisticated than a good V evil arc.

Not entirely sure where you are going with this but the women in the reimagined series had actual roles (Cain , Starbuck, Sharons, Sixes) and were not part of the furniture to the degree the majority of women in the 1978 version were.

I am not getting dragged into whatever other argument you seem to be heading towards at the end there but times have changed since 1978 and it was silly to expect the role of women in the show to have stayed the same.
    Smoke and Hokum!

You seem to have some guilt / negative vibes towards the original send you into smoke and mirrors here my friend.
    Furniture? Are you on drugs or something? Or are you some crony of castrating the male psyche?
    The 60s and 70s probably wouldn't of even happened if you were running the show!

BSG TOS certainly was more appealing to male and female viewers than the new series which tried to be something its not.
    They could of made it a whole lot better than going in a complete opposite direction which is what they did.
    Lets not pretend that that because the role and gender of Starbuck and so on being different is any better. It made it worse and it's not just me saying it, it's nearly all the fans of BSG TOS.

I think it's time you went into the ignore pile as I've had enough of listening to your bs. :D

Smoke and Hokum!

What?
    You seem to have some guilt / negative vibes towards the original send you into smoke and mirrors here my friend.
    Furniture? Are you on drugs or something? Or are you some crony of castrating the male psyche?
    The 60s and 70s probably wouldn't of even happened if you were running the show!

What?
    BSG TOS certainly was more appealing to male and female viewers than the new series which tried to be something its not.

[/quote]

Wrong.

I think it's time you went into the ignore pile as I've had enough of listening to your bs. :D

I think it is time you acted your age to be fair. You do strike me as the type of person who will resort to ignore list threats or 'bs' as a defence once your weak arguments begin to fall short though.

Good luck to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

... (the original 1978 was adult orientated in ways the new one can only dream)....

I LOL'd

EDITed to add: To be fair, I really enjoyed the opening two hour ep of the 1978 version at the time. IMHO it went dowhill fairly quickly afterwards though with some good eps (Gun on Ice Planet 9 springs to mind). An edited version of that first ep was shown in cinemas in Europe as a movie AFAICR.
    As regards the budget for the 1978 version, it seemed to me that a lot of money was spent on that first ep but then after that the FX shots were reused in every ep (normal practice for SF shows until recently).

I LOL'd

EDITed to add: To be fair, I really enjoyed the opening two hour ep of the 1978 version at the time. IMHO it went dowhill fairly quickly afterwards though with some good eps (Gun on Ice Planet 9 springs to mind). An edited version of that first ep was shown in cinemas in Europe as a movie AFAICR.
    As regards the budget for the 1978 version, it seemed to me that a lot of money was spent on that first ep but then after that the FX shots were reused in every ep (normal practice for SF shows until recently).

Yeah, did you just hear something? I'm sure a blast of hot air from Noodlemans direction just came breezing by :D

Anyway the good news is BSG the movie is being made and all being well it'll be 'in the spirit' of the old school version :)
    Thank goodness for that :cool:

• Advertisement

Yeah, did you just hear something? I'm sure a blast of hot air from Noodlemans direction just came breezing by :D

Anyway the good news is BSG the movie is being made and all being well it'll be 'in the spirit' of the old school version :)
    Thank goodness for that :cool:

Now now, we debated it until you ran out of points and just got obnoxious.

Stay classy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

in fairness you can say that the '78 version was a little bit more adult orientated. The girlies all wore skimpy clothes.

In the re-imagined version it was only 6 who regularly 'splayed some skin!! :D

and what nice skin it is too. :p

That's about the only 'good' thing about the '78 version. Second time round it was twice the storyline/theme/series.

gatecrash wrote: »
    in fairness you can say that the '78 version was a little bit more adult orientated. The girlies all wore skimpy clothes.

In the re-imagined version it was only 6 who regularly 'splayed some skin!! :D

and what nice skin it is too. :p

That's about the only 'good' thing about the '78 version. Second time round it was twice the storyline/theme/series.

Give me a break!
    Are you forgetting that without the '78 version you wouldn't even have your precious new series?
    I think it's the generation Yers out there that missed all the fun of the 70s and the 80s :D

The new series was a poor 'update' and is nowhere near as good as the old 1978 version. At least the old one had imagination and heart. This new one is just about the most over-hyped and over-rated thing in the TV scene the way some of you are talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭stressed out

Battlestar 1978 Can anyone tell me was there an episode where Starbuck goes to 'heaven'?

I remember he was in this strange place with characters dressed in white and his space uniform was all white. I know it existed because I saw it at least twice on TV.

I've looked up Wiki episode guide but nothing rings a bell.

Please someone put me out of my misery :)

Give me a break!
    Are you forgetting that without the '78 version you wouldn't even have your precious new series?
    I think it's the generation Yers out there that missed all the fun of the 70s and the 80s :D

The new series was a poor 'update' and is nowhere near as good as the old 1978 version. At least the old one had imagination and heart. This new one is just about the most over-hyped and over-rated thing in the TV scene the way some of you are talking.

:D

Can I ask you your age? Just wondering if you became a fan of the old series at the time or was it sometime after?

Look, lets not argue - lets just debate. I think, personally, the main problem with your arguments is that you haven't conceded one positive about the new show (bar maybe the SFX).

I fully appreciate the concept was started in the old show and am thankful for it.

Finally, and I am not using this as an argument that the new show is better, but do you accept that the majority of people prefer the new series?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Battlestar 1978 Can anyone tell me was there an episode where Starbuck goes to 'heaven'?

I remember he was in this strange place with characters dressed in white and his space uniform was all white. I know it existed because I saw it at least twice on TV.

I've looked up Wiki episode guide but nothing rings a bell.

Please someone put me out of my misery :)

Yep - There were 2 episodes of the "Mysterious Bright Lights"
    They first appear in EP 15 "War of the Gods Part I" as we meet Count Iblis, but it's EP 16 "War of the Gods Part II" that we understand what they are. I think this is the episode you are thinking of.
    Then in EP 22 "Experiments on Terra" they come back again and bring Apollo (and I think eventually Starbuck) to what we initially think is Earth - but is in fact Terra (go figure)

FWIW
    I enjoyed the 78s and 80s episodes and also the new re-imagined series. If I had to choose which I preferred it would be the new one.

The original 78s ep1/2 were excellent. Great effects, and acting. But to lose Jane Seymour so early on I think they lost something there.
    Looking back now (I have both 78s and 80s on DVD :)) they were very camp the further they got in - but hey, so was Buck Rogers :). My main issue with the 78s was the lack of continuing storyline, it really was episode to episode, but episode (sometimes spanning 2) with no real direction. That coupled with the week on week reduction of budget that you could visibly see really didn't help. A real pity it was stopped though, cos we had some great stories in there - War of the Gods, Living Legend, and Gun on Ice Planet Zero. But there was some drivel - The Magnificent Warriors, The Young Lords, The Man With Nine Lives...
    Seemed to be a trend that the good ones were double episodes ;)

The 80s stuff was typically drivel. I enjoyed it when I was growing up, but looking back now it should never have been made. The only episode of the bunch that was of any good was "The Return of Starbuck" which was an attempt to re-establish the link with the sucess of the 78s. It didn't work, and it was already too late to revive a fairly bad run of crap.

Now to the 00s.. I'm with others. Female Starbuck just didn't work for me. Would have been better to have a guy.
    BUT in general the story kept building - yep, episodic at times, but overall it really worked to build momentum. It was much Darker, and the way it was directed was excellent. Re-watched the first 2 episodes there again recently and it is epic. Yes - they coped out of the robot cylons, but human versions added that additional tension. And when we did get robots they weren't some tin men made in mans image, but big ass robots that you don't want to cross.
    Pity they cut it short and in season 4 rushed to tidy it up.

RikD wrote: »
    Yep - There were 2 episodes of the "Mysterious Bright Lights"
    They first appear in EP 15 "War of the Gods Part I" as we meet Count Iblis, but it's EP 16 "War of the Gods Part II" that we understand what they are. I think this is the episode you are thinking of.
    Then in EP 22 "Experiments on Terra" they come back again and bring Apollo (and I think eventually Starbuck) to what we initially think is Earth - but is in fact Terra (go figure)

FWIW
    I enjoyed the 78s and 80s episodes and also the new re-imagined series. If I had to choose which I preferred it would be the new one.

The original 78s ep1/2 were excellent. Great effects, and acting. But to lose Jane Seymour so early on I think they lost something there.
    Looking back now (I have both 78s and 80s on DVD :)) they were very camp the further they got in - but hey, so was Buck Rogers :). My main issue with the 78s was the lack of continuing storyline, it really was episode to episode, but episode (sometimes spanning 2) with no real direction. That coupled with the week on week reduction of budget that you could visibly see really didn't help. A real pity it was stopped though, cos we had some great stories in there - War of the Gods, Living Legend, and Gun on Ice Planet Zero. But there was some drivel - The Magnificent Warriors, The Young Lords, The Man With Nine Lives...
    Seemed to be a trend that the good ones were double episodes ;)

The 80s stuff was typically drivel. I enjoyed it when I was growing up, but looking back now it should never have been made. The only episode of the bunch that was of any good was "The Return of Starbuck" which was an attempt to re-establish the link with the sucess of the 78s. It didn't work, and it was already too late to revive a fairly bad run of crap.

Now to the 00s.. I'm with others. Female Starbuck just didn't work for me. Would have been better to have a guy.
    BUT in general the story kept building - yep, episodic at times, but overall it really worked to build momentum. It was much Darker, and the way it was directed was excellent. Re-watched the first 2 episodes there again recently and it is epic. Yes - they coped out of the robot cylons, but human versions added that additional tension. And when we did get robots they weren't some tin men made in mans image, but big ass robots that you don't want to cross.
    Pity they cut it short and in season 4 rushed to tidy it up.

I'm kinda vibing with you but the whole human robot thing and the insect looking robot versions didn't do it for me.
    Yep the new series was prettier but they had the cash and tech which BSG TOS didn't have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭alexindublin

Each and every to their own but i think noodler has hit the nail on the head so many times that its gone through the wood.

Ye, the TOS had its good points, the best point being that the re-imagined BSG came about.

There are very few similarities between the 2 shows apart from the obvious.

The new BSG had hard hitting story lines the were current to what was going on in the world. ie, terrorism, racism, war etc.
    We turned off sky news and turned on sky one for 5 years and were faced with the state of the world, nicely wrapped in a sci-fi show which made it easier to swallow.

Ye, the movie will be in the spirit of TOS but i hope it will bring the re-imagined BSG a step further and open doors for some more TV movies and maybe a show or 2.

I'v got TOS and the re-imagined and the new BSG is by far better written, better performed, better produced and better directed. Plus it got to play from miniseries to the awesome final episodes on the Sci-Fi (Sy-Fy) channel, and we all know how fond they are of murdering good sci-fi with good ratings ! Top of my "untimely death list" is Firefly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

I have a feeling Singer is gonna go do a Superman Returns on this one! Wonder if he is gonna cast a unknown or Bradley Cooper as Starbuck!

As for the debate they are both great series and both very different. Also I dont think they would have had the budget on Sci Fi to do the kinda remake that Singer will probably attempt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭alexindublin

Time will tell. I'm a huge fan of the new BSG, so i'm hoping that fans of both new and old will be taken into consideration for the movie.

Advertisement