Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back On The Rock

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭eliwallach

Good running Roy.

Regardless of your pace for the 20 miler, managing to stay on the road for 3:33 is impressive.

Enjoy the taper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

18/5 - 5 miles/50 mins
    19/5 - 7/67
    20/5 - 5/48 AND app. 2/20
    23/5 - 13.16/1:46.30 = 8.05m/m - Fantastic North Run, the half-marathon organised by the Jersey HHH. Knocked the thick end of four minutes off my PB set on this course three years ago :) A stormer of a run which I'll write up on my blog.

Well, yesterday has given me a great deal of confidence that the hard work is paying off. I suppose it's a pity that wasn't my target race. So I continue with the taper (24 miles to come this week) and try and do all the right things up to Cork.

Miles on the week 32.2
    Miles ytd 706.0
    Weeks until Cork City Marathon 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Great running in the half Roy - great confidence boost ahead of Cork.

25/5 - app. 4 miles/42 mins
    26/5 - 5/50
    27/5 - app. 4/37
    29/5 - 3.3/30
    30/5 - 8.86/1:28.26 = 9.59m/m

A pretty crap week really, first of all trying to work Sunday's race out of my legs and then picking up a cold on Thursday. As a consequence I felt low on energy for my 'long' run on Sunday. The great thing of course is that the cold has cleared up today (Tues) and there's only a light week of running ahead so I should be good to go by Monday.

So now looking forward to jumping on Scare Arann to the PROC on Saturday and keeping off the Murphy's until after the race :)

Miles on the week 25.2
    Miles ytd 731.2
    Weeks until Cork City Marathon 1

1/6 - app.4 miles/37 mins
    2/6 - app. 4/36
    6/6 - app.2/20
    7/6 - Cork City Marathon 26.2/4:27.23 = 10.10m/m. Full report on blog.

The end justifies the means and I trained hard and well for a satisfactory result yesterday. I know for sure now though that I'll never get near a 4-hour marathon despite what my times at the shorter distances suggest. I'm getting too old and I haven't got the resolve to try to improve.

So thanks to the admins here for the space for the training log - I'll continue on the blog below.

Miles on the week eight days 36.2
    Miles ytd 767.4

• Advertisement
Advertisement