Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death of Optimus

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Watch Ryder

I first saw this via a friend of my brothers giving me the video after he'd 'grown out of it'.
    This was in 1989 I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭fluke

I remember when I first saw this. I never thought he'd die! whn he did and the movie had ended I went into my mother and said 'Optimus Prime is dead'.

Pre-Batman it was for me the first cartoon and childhood hero where tragedy struck him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sunshine12

I was so shocked when Optimus died. I don't think I will ever forget the first time I watched the movie, I was fumming for days! I'm sorry but Rodimus didn't cut it for me! Don't get me wrong I liked the kid but yeah I think you guys know what i'm on about! He did't cut as Prime

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Sunshine12 wrote: »
    I was so shocked when Optimus died. I don't think I will ever forget the first time I watched the movie, I was fumming for days! I'm sorry but Rodimus didn't cut it for me! Don't get me wrong I liked the kid but yeah I think you guys know what i'm on about! He did't cut as Prime

Very true.. Rodimus just wasn't up to it.

I always preferred Megatron to Galvatron as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

I love this movie, never get bored of it. The death scene still gets me everytime.

If only Bay remade this scene for scene instead of the piece of crap that was tf2, didn't mind his first attempt that much.

And as far as it beeing in the cinema, it was shown in the summer of either 86 or 87 in the old screen cinema on the quay's as far as i remember, but never got a chance to see it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sunshine12

TF2 ain't that bad, I mean the forest fight was great, maybe even one of the best fights in the History Of Transformers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

This movie represented a lot for me, in terms of the excellent screenplay, and also the way in which there was such detail in the film (anyone whose heard the "fan commentary" with the special edition DVD knows about that) but to think this movie inspired another 20+ years of action that's still going strong is fantastic...without doubt, the greatest animated movie of the 1980s, perhaps ever!

Advertisement