Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United vs. Wigan Athletic

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I think its obvious Martinez has Kirkland in his FF team, taking him off at half time to make sure he gets one point and no less for conceding extra

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Johner wrote: »
    That would explain why he hasn't got much chances. lol.
    I know pure fella

plus he had his injury problems, but he should get his chance against leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:( sighs :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Johner wrote: »
    You's have got a world class RB in Rafael in the making! What's Fabio like, he better not be as good.:eek::p
    He is Brazilian. Will peak when he is 22 and put on weight and move back to Brazil to retire when 25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

CHD wrote: »
    He is Brazilian. Will peak when he is 22 and put on weight and move back to Brazil to retire when 25.

Alex must be on borrowed time then ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Ah Alex, Wouldn't want to get in the way of his free kicks. Was behind the goal for that one against Brum if it had missed the bar someone near me would have died.

redout wrote: »
    Alex must be on borrowed time then ;)
    Late bloomer, he has a year left.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

johner wrote:
    That would explain why he hasn't got much chances. lol.

Kinda ironically too, he claims to have moved to the left hand side, so his brother could play too, in Brazil.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

5-0 Ronaldo WHO?;)

5-0 Ronaldo WHO?;)
    Yeah, you have proven you don't need Ronaldo for those big games at home to Wigan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

5-0 Ronaldo WHO?;)

Cristiano Ronaldo.

He scored 47 goals in one season from the wing. You should check out some of his youtube videos, they are well wicked.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Cristiano Ronaldo.

He scored 47 goals in one season from the wing. You should check out some of his youtube videos, they are well wicked.

;)

42 actually, breh.

Sir Alex Ferguson praised an excellent team performance after a second 5-0 win over Wigan Athletic this season.

It is hard not to acknowledge the individual contributions of stand-out performers Wayne Rooney, Antonio Valencia and Rafael, but the Reds boss was keen to point out that the victory was created by the collective.

“It was an excellent performance, I'm very pleased,” he told MUTV. “On Sunday and again tonight, Wayne was absolutely fantastic. The energy he shows, and his desire to win, is marvellous. I was pleased to see Valencia get another goal for us, that is really key. And he’ll get more goals for us. It was also brilliant seeing Rafael celebrate his goal by running over to his brother. They love playing football and it’s terrific to see that enthusiasm. It’s an underestimated quality at times. But those two boys are a pair of aces.

“But on this particular night the whole team played well. I don’t really want to pick individuals out at this important part of the season because every man has to play his part, and they all did tonight.”

United were 3-0 up at half time and realistically had the game tied up with a blistering first-half display. But Sir Alex was pleased that his men didn’t let the tempo drop. “I think the first half performance in particular was one of the best of the season,” added the boss. “There was fluid movement, a good tempo and we created a lot of chances.

"But I thought we kept the momentum going for the whole night, and we recognised that it was an opportunity to get goals. Goal difference, you never know, could be important come the end of the season. We’re now two points behind Chelsea and our goal difference (27) is up there with Chelsea’s (29) and Arsenal’s (30). We’re in with a great chance.”

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Yeah, you have proven you don't need Ronaldo for those big games at home to Wigan.

*Ahem*

Headshot wrote: »

We should call them the bullets!

Archimedes wrote: »

meh, he said at home.

But its nice that we shipped a few goals and improved our GD

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    meh, he said at home.

Because its so much tougher away... ;)

I really wana get into a banter war but I will be banned. I am going to be the bigger man and leave, therefore I win.

Archimedes wrote: »

yeah but we had Nani that game, not fair on any opposition when he plays!

I really wana get into a banter war but I will be banned. I am going to be the bigger man and leave, therefore I win.

Dont let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Nice win , I hope the scoreline is a sign that we are stating to pick up the pace as we usually do after xmas.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

At least you'll win something;)

At least you'll win something;)
    Rabble rabble I will bookmark this

/Headshot

As well as playing his part in the Reds' bid for silverware, Wayne Rooney is also well on his way to making the 2009/10 campaign his best in a goalscoring sense.

The striker's first half opener against the Latics was his 15th of the season and Rooney is determined to smash his best ever tally of 23 goals (during the 2006/07 campaign).

"I'd certainly hope to beat that total," he told MUTV. "If I don't get at least eight more goals between now and the end of the season then something must be seriously wrong. Hopefully I can beat it."

Rooney hailed United's five-star display against Martinez's side as one of the best of the campaign and he was delighted by the score-line which made serious inroads into Chelsea's goal difference advantage.

"We knew before the game we were seven behind them and we wanted to close that gap; we're really pleased to have done that," he said. "Winning 5-0 in the Premier League is quite a rare feat these days and I'd say it was one of our best performances of the season.

"We played some quick football, counter-attacked them well and scored good goals. It could have been a bit better at times in the second half, but overall we're pleased."

Rooney reserved special praise for United's youngest goalscorer on the night, who also set him up for the opener:"It was a great ball from Rafael and I thought he was brilliant throughout. He's so sharp against opposition wingers and going forward he's always a threat. He's a big plus when he's fit."

good stuff from Rooney there

on a side note, utd have to keep raf fit, himself and oshea will be a great combination during the rest of the season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

on a side note, utd have to keep raf fit, himself and oshea will be a great combination during the rest of the season

If they can keep O'Shea fit!

If they can keep O'Shea fit!

oshea doesnt have a history of injuries tbf to him, raf seems to get injured alot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

I know im on late but seriously. How good was Berbatov :D

Scored one, but was instrumental in a lot of our attacks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

Maybe Chelsea could sign him

Then they wouldnt lose to... Who was it again?

Oh yeah, Wigan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

curry-muff wrote: »
    I know im on late but seriously. How good was Berbatov :D

Scored one, but was instrumental in a lot of our attacks :D

Had some nice touches alright and some defence splitting passes but by jesus his finishing is god awful and he should have had a few more and i also amnt liking his tendency to give out every time one of his teammates doesnt get the perfect ball into him..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,950 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

And they have to keep Fabio fit too. It's like when one gets injured, the other gets injured too, sympathy injuries or something!

I'm sickened I couldn't see this match, sounded like a right stormer and I'm really glad to hear Rafael is coming along nicely...He doesn't score many goals, but when he does, they are very pleasing to the eye!

Advertisement