Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No hot water in shower but plenty of hot water at sink

• 30-12-2009 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭

the shower in my bathroom stop having hot water. I have very hot water in the sinks but the shower doesn't get but lukewarm. Any help would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

what sort of shower is it? electric, pumped electric, bath mixer etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

If its a pumped electric shower that you have, it not working - it doesnt take its hot water from the cyinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Blackpitts

what sort of shower is it? electric, pumped electric, bath mixer etc....

sorry, my fault, i forgot to mention that my shower is not electric but it has a thermostatic bath mixer similar to this

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/images/tr/trueshopping-thermostatic-bath-shower-mixer.jpg

Is there any water comming out of the hot side of the mixer?

ie, did you turn off the cold and only the hot side running and is it bone cold?

snyper wrote: »
    Is there any water comming out of the hot side of the mixer?

ie, did you turn off the cold and only the hot side running and is it bone cold?

I can't have only cold water running because i have a thermostatic mixer, i can just put the temperature to the minimum to have it cold, but when I move it to the max the water is just warm and not hot as it should be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Sounds like an airlock. There is nothing to really go wrong in these other than if a high pressure one was installed in a low pressure situation

If it has worked before and does not now most likely an air lock.

Is this a possability?

Sounds like an airlock. There is nothing to really go wrong in these other than if a high pressure one was installed in a low pressure situation

If it has worked before and does not now most likely an air lock.

Is this a possability?

if so, how can i get rid of this air lock?

If its an air lock there should be less pressure from the valve as you have it set to hot as there is less (like a trickle supply) or no water going to the shower valve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Blackpitts wrote: »
    if so, how can i get rid of this air lock?

Leave the hot on during the day and sometime it clears. Obv put the shower down in the bath tray in case it does, If not you need to force the air. The simplest way to do this is use a garden hose to force water up the shower head set to on mode. The best setting would be to have the hose connected to the mains.

Although be careful and watch the attic tank as the water will rise in this and come out the overflow.

Try leaving it on for the day. Its less hassle and does sometimes work.

Leave the hot on during the day and sometime it clears. Obv put the shower down in the bath tray in case it does, If not you need to force the air. The simplest way to do this is use a garden hose to force water up the shower head set to on mode. The best setting would be to have the hose connected to the mains.

Although be careful and watch the attic tank as the water will rise in this and come out the overflow.

Try leaving it on for the day. Its less hassle and does sometimes work.

OK, i've done it with no luck.
    The shower in the second bathroom is fine, it's just mine not working.
    What about the thermostate in the tap? can be f*cked?

• Advertisement
Advertisement