Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Item - no receipt

Options
  • 30-12-2009 1:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

My Mum bought me an MP4 Player from Aldi for xmas. It was bought some time in November when it was on the weekly special.
    When i opened it on 27th December i found that it doesnt work.

I called the freephone number on the product and they confirmed that it must be faulty and that i could return it to the store.

However my mum cannot find the receipt anywhere........do i have any comeback?
    I really love this player and would just love an exchange but what are the chances they would have another one in store?:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just bring it back to the store and explain the situation.

It might be unlikely that they have a replacement item for you, since it was on special.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

You wont get a replacement.

They might just go up and take a special offfer leaflet out and refund you the price shown. AFAIK that brand is specific to aldi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭collegemum

Yes the brand is only sold in Aldi - i was really looking forward to using it :mad:
    I'll let you know how i get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If Aldi don't take it back your warranty is with the Manufacturer so you can try them as your second port of call if no joy in the store.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Aldi and Lidl tend to be very good on taking stuff back even with out a receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Ticktactoe

Nody wrote: »
    Aldi and Lidl tend to be very good on taking stuff back even with out a receipt.

Especially if the brand is specific to the store.
    As stated by a previous poster you can always contact the manufacturer directly if all else fails.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭collegemum

Thanks to everybody for the replies. I braved the weather and headed to the Aldi store that my mum bought it in.
    They exchanged it for a new one :D. I think i'm lucky they had one in stock because i couldn't have seen myself getting refunded.

Big thanks to Aldi;) - I can't wait to use my media player ............

Btw they have at least 1 left and i think they are great value for a 4gb media player with lots of functions like music, movie, book reader, radio, voice recorder, games, picture viewer at only €39.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Aldi in fairness are have really realy good customer service

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Nody wrote: »

I must have been just unlucky, I brought back a faulty item to my local Aldi witin 24 hours of purchase, they wouldn't exchange it without a receipt so it meant trawling through the recycling bin until I found it. Okay, my fault for throwing out the receipt but from what I'm reading here a receipt isn't always needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Also have had very good experience with Aldi, I got a laptop from them which kept turning itself off at random times, I brought it back and got a replacement with no fuss, same problem cropped up after a few weeks with that one, but I kept onto the laptop for a while, in which time I mislaid the receipt. I forget why I was in such a rush, but I went into Aldi with the laptop ON and formatting itself, with no receipt and asking for a refund because it was the second one I got. All they did was scan the barcode and the price came up, it was 1299.99 or something and they gave me back 1300, so I got an extra cent and everything. This was all within about 2 minutes!

• Advertisement
Advertisement