Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N81, R759

• 30-12-2009 3:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what driving conditions are like in this area.
    Will be approaching from the west to kippure house est.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

N81 should be OK, but there are lots of sheltered spots along there where it can get icy, so be careful. R759 is the Sally Gap road ... from the rte news website today ... "Gardaí have advised against travel in the Wicklow Mountains and motorists are advised to avoid the Wicklow & Sally Gaps." You're not going right up to the top of the Sally Gap to get to Kippure Estate, but it could still be dodgy lower down.

Personally I'd give the people at Kippure Estate a call and ask them what conditions are like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Based on the fact that Dublin is a bit wild at the moment, its going to be a lot worse.

Expect residual snow and ice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,518 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Was up there last week, 5 degree difference between south dublin and up by Kippure. I'd say the road is pretty bad considering what its like around here at the moment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Coincidentally I just spoke with a friend whose wife works for the ESB at Turlough Hill and last night the crew working there couldn't get out as the road was impassable, so I'd say give it a miss :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

Got an email from kippure saying weather was too bad and to cancel any trips there.
    They will rearrange for another time

Its bucketing down snow here in Galway.

Will stay put, Thanks for all the replys and have a good one

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

Victor wrote: »

Expect residual snow and ice.

What is residual snow and ice?

What is residual snow and ice?
    The bit thats left over after a partial thaw?

Advertisement