Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Abusive PMs

Options
  • 30-12-2009 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I am getting abusive PMs from a boards member in which Ive been called a bee with an itch and a biggot.
    I told her I was reporting the abuse and she said "go ahead, its boards.ie not the garda siochana".
    Can someone please advise on what to do?
    Thanks,
    D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Could you please report these and I can have a look. At the top right hand corner of the message, you'll see this report.gif. Just click that and the admins get the reported message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I reported them earlier today, but havent heard anything. She is still ranting and now demanding I apologise to her even though Ive actually asked her to stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've looked at the PM's

I suggest you put the user on ignore, so they can't send you any further PM's :)

Buffy, Ive PMed you on this.
    I dont think its acceptable a boards member is allowed to be called a bitch and a bigott. If it was in a post they would get a warning.

You've reported no PM with that content that I can see.

All you have reported is back and forth arguing, to which you can put an end to by placing the member on ignore.

• Advertisement

Well Ill send it to you again.
    Seriously, this is ridiculous.
    Someone on boards calls another member a bitch and a bigott and you are ok with that??? She laughs at your rules and you are ok with that? You are not giving an accurate reflection of what she said.
    If someone calls someone in a post a bitch or a bigott, are they moderated? Whats the point in reporting abusive PMs?
    And she gets away with her behaviour?
    I am not happy with this Buffy and would like another member of helpdesk to help with this matter.

Whats your definition of abusive language Buffy?
    Honest, if you dont take this more seriously, as I do take it serious, I want someone else looking after this.

Did I say I was happy? No.

I'm telling you that on the basis of what you had reported there is no action we could have taken. You've been given appropriate advice on what to do, on the basis of what you've reported. If you want to report another message, you are free to do so, and we'll evaluate that.

"laughing at our rules" is not some kind of bannable offence. People are quite entitled to have whatever opinion they so wish, once they play within them.

As it stands, it appears that the PM is part of a conversation and in response to message you sent to that user (which was none too friendly). I suggest you follow the advice above, and cut off communication with this user. If you don't, that is your desicion.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I've just seen the PM that you just reported to Admins now, containing the b*tch word. It's a retort to you sending a pm calling the user a 'brat'. To me it looks like you guys are having an argument with each other. Why should we have to separate you both from each other if you can't converse civilly?

I see no mention of 'bigot' either, maybe you aren't reporting all the PMs?

Either way, to me, it looks like you both should just put each other on ignore as you are both goading each other. If you want me to send a message to this user to request them to stop PMing you I'm happy to do so, but I will request you to stop PMing them also if that is the case.

Cool?

Do that, if thats all you can do but I dont think its fair. I didnt use abusive language in my PMs and I asked her to stop on several occasions.

I reported those PMs, 5 of them.

Is it right on boards that she calls me a bitch? She plainly did as you can see and not an infraction or anything from ye on her saying thingusing language like that. Why is this?

• Advertisement

Thingusing language? Only three PMs have been reported. 3.

Also, she may have called you a bitch but you called her a brat, as far as I can see you called her that before she called you a bitch.

Can you see how petty this is? You called her x, she called you y, she called you z, you called her b etc etc..

This is not a matter for us to get involved in, you both called each other names, we aren't here to stop you from calling each other brats and bitches, but as a gesture of goodwill I will warn you both to take it off-site if it fixes the problem.

OK, I have sent you both a PM warning you to stop PMing each other. Let that be the end of it.

Thanks.

Gordon,

Thanks for nothing. You didnt even do what you said youd do. You just ridiculed me for reporting someone calling me a bitch and a biggott.

Looks like eve_dublin got away with it. Abusive in posts and in PMs and you do NOTHING about it.
    What you wrote in the PM was ridiculous. I take being called a biggott and a bitch on your forums very serious, even if you dont.

boards set up is great. I've come across too much awful moderating, but this is the worst yet.

Why bother report abusive PMs? Why? Does calling someone such name not constitute abuse? You *bastard*?

Hi there dellas, unless you can send all of the PM conversation then all I see is you starting the insults by calling the other user a brat. Therefore you started it.

This matter is closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement