Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Electric faults

• 30-12-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

1. Led is blown from driver window winder button
    2. Battery a little flat so my window doesn't always close all the way unless I push it a little as it closes. Only started since the bad weather. Driving very little at the moment

Can I do this my self or do I need a mechanic. the bulb that is.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

let me guess? you have a French car?
    A peugeot / renault / citroen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

corglass wrote: »
    let me guess? you have a French car?
    A peugeot / renault / citroen?
    If you can help the OP then do so, but leave the pub talk for the pub, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

1. Led is blown from driver window winder button
    2. Battery a little flat so my window doesn't always close all the way unless I push it a little as it closes. Only started since the bad weather. Driving very little at the moment

Can I do this my self or do I need a mechanic. the bulb that is.

I could be wrong but I doubt the light in the switch is an led, probably just one of the little capless bulbs like they use for dash lights. The switch unit usually pop out easy enough and from there it'll just clip open to reveal whatever the bulb is.

The current cold weather is a killer for batteries, especially ones that maybe arent alway fully charged, like with cars that are used for lots of short trips. Despite what a lot of people seem to think, the battery in a Toyota isnt any better than the one in a Renault or Citroen (and bulbs blow in Toyotas too), especially if it's been changed already because if your buyign a battery for a 1.8 C5 or a 1.8 Avensis you'll most likely be given the same one.

Is the car a few years old? The battery may well have been comign to the end of it's life anyway but the cold weather may have helped it along towards death a bit :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭E39MSport

re: sticky windows. Silicon spray down the rubber runners while window is down can help a lot with reducing friction between the glass and rubber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Sorrz guzs 1994 tozota corolla. It need it towed or the locks changed at this point. Will start a seperate thread for that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement