Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I fix before I sell

• 30-12-2009 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Just looking for a bit of advice, Im looking to sell my car, upsizing to more of a family one, anyway, at the moment it needs a service and thanks to the scum in my area, the front passanger door is bent, lock broken and isnt sitting right in the frame (will close though), the average quote Ive got is in the region of €575, cant find a door in the breakers either, before this happened I was offered 1800 for it.

So, do I fix and sell or leave it and let the dealerI trade it in with look after it, basically, which way will I lose less

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Dont fix - on an 1800 car 525 is a lot and you wont get it back. Id much prefer to drop the price by 500 than pay out 500 for which I have to earn 1000 before tax. Its also a year older so that may knock off another couple of hundred.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

What he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Ditto but not knock 500 off. Try aim for 250 max off if trading in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

kmick wrote: »
    Dont fix - on an 1800 car 525 is a lot and you wont get it back. Id much prefer to drop the price by 500 than pay out 500 for which I have to earn 1000 before tax. Its also a year older so that may knock off another couple of hundred.

What's the difference? there is none.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭The-Game

T-Square wrote: »
    What's the difference? there is none.

There is if you think about it. To get the 500 to pay for repairs he would be earning 1000 gross pay. The dealer will drop his offer price 500 which just would be 250 gross according to kmicks example.

• Advertisement
Advertisement