Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transfering Music

• 30-12-2009 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, Hopefully i've found the right forum for my question...

I got an iPhone for Christmas and downloaded iTunes but all my music is on Windows Media Player... How can I get the music from Media Player to iTunes so i can get it on my new phone? I'm completely uselss with tech stuff so any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭homer911

Install Itunes
    Start Itunes
    File >> Add Folder to Library >> Select Parent folder of music location

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

The only music folder that comes up has only got the music that has already been transferred over... How can I get to the stuff on WMP?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭homer911

What format are the files you are talking about?

I assumed they were all iphone compatabile...

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

I think your getting a bit mixed up. WMP is just a program that plays music, like realplayer or whatever. Those files must be somewhere on your PC. You need to find out where they are and open itunes and go to File -> Add folder to library, then select the folder where all your music is and itunes will update its collection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

What saltie said. Just a player.

But to lessen the pain, find one file in WMP that isn't coming up in itunes. Right-click on it and click "open file location" or find out where it is in properties. Now you know where it is you can manually add that location to itunes. Even if they're .wma files, itunes will convert them, though you'll then end up with two physical copies of the same track, which won't be the case if you conveniently have them in .mp3 format.

• Advertisement
Advertisement