Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repointing Costs

• 30-12-2009 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I need to get my house repointed and was wondering if anyone could give me any general guidance regarding cost ie a general per meter cost.

House is about 100 yrs old, 2 storey, & mortar is lime based. In some places concrete repointing has been done resulting in spalled brick so I guess some of these will need replacing.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ciarandublin

nobody?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,181 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I'll move this to the DIY forum as you may get more replies there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 oleary.k1

I need to get my house repointed and was wondering if anyone could give me any general guidance regarding cost ie a general per meter cost.

House is about 100 yrs old, 2 storey, & mortar is lime based. In some places concrete repointing has been done resulting in spalled brick so I guess some of these will need replacing.

Thanks

Hi ,

In relation to your re pointing it depends on the condition of your walls, are they brick or stone? Generally it could cost between 35 to 75 euros per meter for a professional job.

It all depends on the condition of the existing walls.

You could be entitled to a heritage grant if your house is a listed house!

Advertisement