Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your own pasta sauce recipes..

Options
  • 30-12-2009 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭

If you had 3 ingredients to make a pasta sauce, what would they be?

I'm trying to use more wholegrain pasta to make healthier dinners so Im looking for options on the sauces!

My favourite is mixing a beaten egg with a clove of crushed garlic and stir it up, and then mix in a teaspoon of parmesan.

That gets stirred into the cooked pasta.

Any other ideas for a nice pasta sauce?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

3 ingredients isn't much!! i'm assuming it doesn't include salt and pepper....

1. Leeks, creme fraiche and wine. Fry leeks, add in wine. Boil off alcohol. Add in couple dollops of creme fraiche (low fat version if possible).

2. Tomatoes, capers and a teaspoon sugar. Put tinned tomatoes in pot. Add in chopped capers. reduce. Add sugar to taste (cuts out acidity). The acid in the capers gives the tomato a nice spicy taste.

3. (I eat this regularly). sundried tomatoes in oil, smoked salmon and onion.
    fry onion, add smoked salmon and chopped sundried tomotoes. Its yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Dinkie wrote: »
    1. Leeks, creme fraiche and wine. Fry leeks, add in wine. Boil off alcohol. Add in couple dollops of creme fraiche (low fat version if possible).

Good start!! White wine I assume? Roughly how much?

Advertisement