Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karma shut?

Options
  • 30-12-2009 4:16pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

Is karma actually closed now or what?
    I heard there was some argy-bargy over thier licence and a bunch of spoiled brats fro Loretto Convent or somesuch and they're due to close in the new year.
    Thing is i wanna go there tommorow and they're not answering thier phone so i dont know what the story is..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

According to my sister they are not renewing their license next year so tomorrow night will be their last night trading....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Was closed on Saturday just gone, even though it was meant to be open. Nearly sure it's open tomorrow night though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the doors probably froze shut;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

drunk private schoolgirls? Damn, missed that one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

I was there on Sunday night. The bar seems to be still open but the hotel connected to it is closed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Its closed for business and on the market if you wanna buy!.

Nothing to do with school girls or any sort of licence issue's, it just wasn't making money pure and simple.

I've some great memories from Karma, myself and a mate worked the doors of Karma and its neighbour Darkey Kellys for about five years.

Great staff & customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Its closed for business and on the market if you wanna buy!.

Nothing to do with school girls or any sort of licence issue's, it just wasn't making money pure and simple.

I've some great memories from Karma, myself and a mate worked the doors of Karma and its neighbour Darkey Kellys for about five years.

Great staff & customers.

Nooooooooooooooo!!I'd started going there a lot recently,it was a great ol spot. Where to get €3 bottlesin Dublin now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Hahaha, ah it sucks but you have to laugh.
    All the Dorans heads claim Karma and it closes, I wonder where we're going to close next... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Arse. That was a great spot. A shame, i would have thought they were getting a lot of business with the 3 euro deals. I sometimes specifically went there after work just cause i knew it was cheap. Otherwise i wouldnt have had that after work drink!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

No loss tbh, it was a dirty, freezing cold hole, full of scumbags and druggies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Africa wrote: »
    Arse. That was a great spot. A shame, i would have thought they were getting a lot of business with the 3 euro deals. I sometimes specifically went there after work just cause i knew it was cheap. Otherwise i wouldnt have had that after work drink!

They were getting the business, but that doesn't always translate to profits.

Major Tom's went the same way.

I like Karma, it was unpretentious & what you see is what you got.

The manager & general manager, Noel & Johnny were good guys, luckily both got some employment out of it but mostly the staff are out on their ear.

Karma was opened tonight for the last time (according to the bar women), sad to see it go and well o the bar staff it's your problem the laser machine wasnt working as I offered to buy yous all a shot.;) RIP Karma

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

irishbird wrote: »
    No loss tbh, it was a dirty, freezing cold hole, full of scumbags and druggies

Karma?
    Quite the opposite really.

Supposely it's back open???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

twas closed last saturday when i was passing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Where did you hear that gav?

Degsy wrote: »
    Where did you hear that gav?

One of my mates was asking was I heading there tonight, she said all her mates were heading there because it was opening back up. I'll have full confirmation tonight (if I can get someone to post up for me) or tomorrow.

Didn't go down there in the end, but went by Christchurch in a taxi bout 12 and it didn't look like it was opened.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i was at the bull and castle on the thursday just before Easter and it was VERY closed. took a walk by deliberatly to check

Advertisement