Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oil burner repair donegal

Options
  • 30-12-2009 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi guys,

Just wondering if any one knows any numbers for someone to fix an outside boiler around the Donegal Town area. Tried the few thats in the phone book but no luck. No Heating in house so we're staying at parents now, eager to get home! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

have a look in diy forum .loads of posts about frozen pipes and broken oil boilers.might sort it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Opeth

Thanks Meercat! Didn't even think of looking there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Normally a few adverts in the back of the Dealer, might find someone there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

There is a good honest guy in Raphoe I got to do some work a few years ago on a recommendation. its probable that a local plumber would also do the trick.

Boilers are easily serviced, but most people require a tradesman if its a big job or replacement.

I will try find out the number of the guy replaced mine.

Mine once got hit by Lightning and a mate took it apart and did wonders, serious engineer stuff no one else would bother with and he was amazing, next time it gave bother I got it replaced by the Raphoe guy as I wouldn't trouble him again.

Still, the new one made a huge difference to economy and paid for itself.

Your problem and I have encountered many could be anything from Lightning! to frozen pipes or the annoying airlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

If it's airlocked it can be a simple enough fix, Did you run outta oil before it went kaput?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

All of the boiler repair men are flat out at present and cannot be got at short notice.
    Had a problem with my boiler and went into a local shop (OBT) to ask if they new anybody reliable to have a look at mine, They gave me a business card and rang the no. and he told me he could have a look in a weeks time. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Opeth

Problem solved. In house now at last. Was fairly hard to find someone one but ended up getting a fella from up Bundoran way and he was great n reasonable too. Pm if ya want his details.

Advertisement