Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom versus Vodafone

• 30-12-2009 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have Eircom broadband at the moment which is their bundle package 3Mb download, free line rental, local and national calls etc etc.

This costs approx 58 euros a month.

I am thinking about switching to vodafone as i can get pretty much the same package for 45 euros a month.

Does anyone have any experience with doing this and is it straightforward.

Also is the connection reliable? They are including a free wireless modem also and give you 200 minutes free to any three vodafones numbers.

Very interested but ive heard all the horror stories about switching BB providers before and tbh Eircom has being pretty stable the past three years in which i have had it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

I switched from Eircon to BT and then to VF without hassle. Having said that I am now experiencing an LCP down error which is related to the line quality and not the actual ISP. Unfortunately, if you end up with exchange problems you will end up in the continual 'ring Eircon, ring your ISP loop'. But if you believe eircon will actually fix anything anyway...

Funnily enough, my line was fine all day, then as I was leaving, an Eircon van arrived at the junction box for our estate and when I got home I had to reset my router to restore internet access.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Eircom and Vodafone use the exact same equipment at the exchange so connection wise its really not any different,

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Dermoth

I made the switch a couple of months ago from Eircom 3Mb to Vodafone. Only had one bill so far, so not sure of the exact saving but the move over was seamless and I've had no issues so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Do Vodafone throttle bittorrent?

Advertisement