Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LCD-DVD Combi - a solution to our problems?

• 30-12-2009 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

Can I pick your collective brains please...
    We have an odd sitting room with windows either side of the fire place. We also have two smallies. To minimise wires crossing the windows and interference from the smallies we are thinking about going for a wall mounted LCD with a built in DVD player. I have been told that this is not a good idea - if there is a problem with the player we would be left without a TV too. Any other potential pitfalls?

What are your opinions on combi units? Also, any suggestions on brands and suppliers? I have had a quick look but can only find small (22" or less) combi units. We would like 37-42" to fit the chimney breast. What features should we look for? I gather that the "freeview" doesnt work in Ireland and we should go for a "freesat" or something????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Scubachick

Just bumping this up as we are still looking for answers!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

im not a big fan of combis. as you say, one breaks - you're without both. and if you ever need to upgrade for a bluray etc you're still stuck with the one in the TV.

the top brands dont really do combis in larger sizes either - the like of panasonic, sony, pioneer etc.

freeview works if you're down around the souitheast coast & boarder counties but for the rest of Ireland it doesnt work. freesat works all over Ireland and its great, again you can get it built in to the TV or a separate tuner box - which ever your prefer.

adam

Advertisement