Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV January Sales

Options
  • 30-12-2009 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

** Sorry I posted this in the wrong place the first time around. My bad **

I was looking into getting a new TV in the near future and I am guessing that the January sales are a good time to buy. I live in North Dublin and I am in the market for a 40" - 42" LCD 1080p TV. Don't know too much more about LCD TVs but would be looking into a middle of the road model. One thing that would be kind of important is the ability to connect my laptop to it. The only connections I have from it are S-Video and VGA. I know that some TVs have VGA input and I also heard that VGA to HDMI cables give okay results(I know that there are boxes that up scale the VGA etc but I don't want to spend that much). So in summary if people find any good deals or have some general advice I would be greatly appreciative.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

I'm looking for something similiar so I went to Curry's today to price a few 42" and saw a few on sale:

Samsung PS42B451: €550

LG 42LH3000: €599

SAMSUNG LE40B530: €525

Didn't check any other shops so I dont know how these prices compare to other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭dave_29

mgsrocks wrote: »
    I'm looking for something similiar so I went to Curry's today to price a few 42" and saw a few on sale:

Samsung PS42B451: €550
    LG 42LH3000: €599

SAMSUNG LE40B530: €525

Didn't check any other shops so I dont know how these prices compare to other places.

Thanks for the prices as i didnt know any, as when you're on CurrysIE you'r directed to the UK site but i've compared it to Curry's UK prices.
    Samsung PS42B451 €550 v £449.00

LG 42LH3000: €599 v £499.00

SAMSUNG LE40B530: €525 v £578 Have a look at the different stuff you get here for that price.

Advertisement