Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New bath & shower

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Yes he managed to sink the pipes into the ground, and he kept saying in the end that he wasn't happy with the little box for the toilet pipes (wanted to have nothing or something smaller) but still a major improvement for us, and can act almost as a shelf now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

sillysocks wrote: »
    Yes he managed to sink the pipes into the ground, and he kept saying in the end that he wasn't happy with the little box for the toilet pipes (wanted to have nothing or something smaller) but still a major improvement for us, and can act almost as a shelf now.

That vertical boxing in the corner looks like an internal soil stack .
    To get rid of the horizontal toilet boxing would mean putting the pipe outside and digging a big hole downstairs.
    Thats presuming it's not an apartment your in.

I would have presumed the old boxing to the bath ,was for the bath waste.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    That vertical boxing in the corner looks like an internal soil stack .
    To get rid of the horizontal toilet boxing would mean putting the pipe outside and digging a big hole downstairs.
    Thats presuming it's not an apartment your in.

I would have presumed the old boxing to the bath ,was for the bath waste.:(

You can cut out vents completely by fitting an air admittance valve, once fitted at least 1 mtr above cistern, toilet will flush, durko valve is one of the brand names. Air admittance valves from 1" right up to 4", works great with internal stacks and concealed type cisterns. 4" vent to open waste to atmospheric pressue doesnt even have to terminate outside or at vent tile, just leave 4" in attic with aav, air addmitance valve lets air in but seals when air is not needed, no smells.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

items wrote: »
    You can cut out vents completely by fitting an air admittance valve, once fitted at least 1 mtr above cistern, toilet will flush, durko valve is one of the brand names. Air admittance valves from 1" right up to 4", works great with internal stacks and concealed type cisterns. 4" vent to open waste to atmospheric pressue doesnt even have to terminate outside or at vent tile, just leave 4" in attic with aav, air addmitance valve lets air in but seals when air is not needed, no smells.

I thin your missing his point. The soil stac would still have to be there.

Depends on whats above, if its just vent then wall could have been studded out a little to allow aav to be concealed, wasn't really talking about this bathroom just in general.

• Advertisement

Depends on whats above, if its just vent then wall could have been studded out a little to allow aav to be concealed, wasn't really talking about this bathroom just in general.

You talk ,wayyyy too much.

You talk ,wayyyy too much.

Type.

Type.

Tripe.:pac:

Tripe.:pac:

Good man yoshytoshy, when you cant understand whats being typed about you go into random waste of time nonsense. Plenty of plumbing problems in DIY, your a plumber right?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Yoshytoshy keep it relevant please, likewise to the rest of ye.

• Advertisement

delly wrote: »
    Yoshytoshy keep it relevant please, likewise to the rest of ye.

sorry delly, will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

sillysocks wrote: »

Think the box looks like a nice little shelf-like feature...quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 newbie4

Can you help me joey. I bought one of those shower enclousers (well it came with the house and i had to fit it) Had it just about fitted when i went searching for the shower door. It did not come in the box and now vogue say they do not make them any more. Surley they have to provide me with a spare door
    Can any one help me

newbie4 wrote: »
    Can you help me joey. I bought one of those shower enclousers (well it came with the house and i had to fit it) Had it just about fitted when i went searching for the shower door. It did not come in the box and now vogue say they do not make them any more. Surley they have to provide me with a spare door
    Can any one help me

What shower door is that....

Sorry i am missing u.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

If your downlight bulbs are blowing from steam,that means they are exposed to the moisture and steam,and that means your downlight fittings are not suitible for a bathroom.

They need to be sealed downlight fixtures and IP zone rated for a bathroom too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 newbie4

they say its a Havari curved shower door and they are not making it any more bathroom is in mess, wife is angry nee a solution

newbie4 wrote: »
    they say its a Havari curved shower door and they are not making it any more bathroom is in mess, wife is angry nee a solution

Which one was it. THe one like the circle. are you only missing the door

Advertisement