Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Foundation really pale in photos

• 30-12-2009 6:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Recently, I have found that I look really pale compared to other people in photos on nights out. Is this because of my foundation or what? I look the same shade normally but with the flash i look really pale. Any one know how to prevent this or what causes it as I am wearing a foundation that matches my skin tone and I am not generally pale.

Comments

Maybe the others have fake tan or bronzer on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

marge87 wrote: »
    Recently, I have found that I look really pale compared to other people in photos on nights out. Is this because of my foundation or what? I look the same shade normally but with the flash i look really pale. Any one know how to prevent this or what causes it as I am wearing a foundation that matches my skin tone and I am not generally pale.

I think maybe the others are lashing on the bronzer! Im only saying that because im usually the pale one too! My engagement photos look like im wearing no makeup (Im pale so never go too dramatic with anything ), was really disappointed as had my hair done, cool hair piece and nice dress but my mug looks pale and as if I couldnt have been bothered to put slap on :(

Maybe try a fake tan for face and experiment with some bronzer - making sure you match your body!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 upthewalls

Hi, I read about this before and a make up artist said that the cause was high SPF in the foundation, and when she was working on brides she used foundation with little or no SPF for the wedding pics. I don't know if this is true though, sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Are you using a mattee foundation? Some have light-reflecting pigment in them and can cause the light of the camera flash to reflect back into the lens causing a brightening effect of the skin.
    Why not try using some matte powder to soak up and shininess? It might work a treat.
    Also, bronzer might be a good tip to tone down the paleness.

TBH, though- a little paleness is good in this age of woman who looking Oompa Loompas.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

yep, yer wearing a foundation with a sheer finish - get a matte one and all should be ok!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭chocgirl

I actually think that some bronzers make me look pale in photos, I look more tanned without them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭LivingDeadGirl

If it's just your face that looks too white then it's your foundation. However if your whole body looks pale then you just have a pale complexion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

It can also depend on the camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

McChubbin wrote: »
    Are you using a mattee foundation? Some have light-reflecting pigment in them and can cause the light of the camera flash to reflect back into the lens causing a brightening effect of the skin.
    Why not try using some matte powder to soak up and shininess? It might work a treat.
    Also, bronzer might be a good tip to tone down the paleness.

TBH, though- a little paleness is good in this age of woman who looking Oompa Loompas.

Yep, it probably has light reflecting particles in it.

Yes, you can use bronzer, but just subtly. Don't forget about blusher!!!! Highly underrated these days it seems.

Advertisement