Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

daily commute to dublin?

• 30-12-2009 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hey there,
    anyone commute from castleblayney daily?
    do mc connons do a daily service very early i.e 6am or am i incorrect?

if not what is the earliest bus eireann time?
    thanx for help

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I've heard of a few, but they all drive (Its around an hour and a half on the motorway) The buses from Blayney are unreliable, unless Mc Connans does a good early service. Bus Eireann only sometimes goes through Blayney on the way to Dublin so you'd need to ring to make sure. I never see all that many people get on in Blayney (I get the bus from Monaghan)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I think the early mcconnons bus leaves Monaghan town at 6.45am i think so i would say it would be in blayney for 7 or so. The number for McConnons is 047 82020. Hope that helps :)

Chris

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭fifomania

Hey OP
    Yeah I've been commuting daily from Blayney for a few months now.
    There's an early McConnon's at 6.50 and it takes 2 hours to get to Dublin, sometimes less sometimes more depending on traffic. There's a lot of regular commuters taking this bus!
    It's really tiring and a really long day as the evening buses aren't until 5.15 and 6.15, unless you get away home on Bus Eireann (most unreliable!)
    The weekly ticket costs €50 btw.
    Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 rionac

Yes, McConnons pick up in Blayney at 6.50 and 8.50 am weekdays. Also have a Saturday mornning and Sunday evening service. They now have a website with load of info www.mconnonsbuses.com. Hope this helps.

Advertisement