Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Of The Year 2009 Finalists

Options
  • 30-12-2009 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

The nominees have been reduced to just 6 finalists...These seem to have drawn a bit of criticism from the community - the very first comments are quite harsh.

But anyways, what do you think?

The top six fights of 2009 can be found here. You can make your vote count here.

(p.s. vote for me* ;):D)

Fighter in question may or may not be me...

🤪

Fight of the year 2009 5 votes

SF4: Fujisawa (Guile) vs Akimo (Honda) [at TRF 12-06-2009]
    0%
    MvC2: VDO (Rogue/Ken/Colossus) vs Potter (Storm/Sentinel/Cable) [at Evo2k9 7-18-09]
    20%
    Sagat06 1 vote
    SF4: Alex Valle (Ryu) vs SabrE (Sakura) [at Evo2k9 7-17-09]
    0%
    TVC: Kubo (Karas/Ryu) vs GIAN (Chun-li/Ryu) [01-29-09]
    40%
    Red350Relikk 2 votes
    SF4: Dashio (Viper) vs Shiro (Abel) [at SBO 2009]
    20%
    animaX 1 vote
    SF3 3s: Momochi (Makoto) vs K.O (Yang) [at SBO 2009]
    20%
    K.O.Kiki 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

K.O.Kiki (Abel) vs. Dreddybajs (Zangief)

MINDGAMES!!

Also Shiro is A++

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Whats this mike ross believe match everyones talkin about? SBO qualifier I think, I had a look but I can't find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

SF4: Dashio (Viper) vs Shiro (Abel) [at SBO 2009]
    I didn't find any of those matches to be good except the tatsunoko vs capcom one. Who the hell shortlisted these?! I've seen much better SF4 fights this year (just cant remember them)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Sabre's sakura was amazing in that match, too bad IGN somehow lost the footage, so a good quality version with Seth's commentary was never uploaded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

MvC2: VDO (Rogue/Ken/Colossus) vs Potter (Storm/Sentinel/Cable) [at Evo2k9 7-18-09]
    Red350 wrote: »
    Sabre's sakura was amazing in that match, too bad IGN somehow lost the footage, so a good quality version with Seth's commentary was never uploaded.

Yeah Alex Valle's face in that footage was priceless, he was like 'wtf is happening here' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Such a terrible selection. Why is TVC in there?!

Why isn't Daigo vs Wong Evo grand finals? That pretty much encapsulates 2009 in fighting games alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

animaX wrote: »
    I didn't find any of those matches to be good except the tatsunoko vs capcom one. Who the hell shortlisted these?! I've seen much better SF4 fights this year (just cant remember them)

Definitely a few glaring omissions...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Surely it has to be one of the Wong diago finals. both were awesome in different ways.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

That Gouken vs Akuma match, Shine and Sanford I think it was, that was posted recently was ace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Best match for me andre vs daigo, chris hu made it even better.

• Advertisement

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Whats this mike ross believe match everyones talkin about? SBO qualifier I think, I had a look but I can't find it.

I BELIEVE IN MIKE ROSS!!

That guile vs honda is absolute quality though

Dreddybajs wrote: »

Thanks!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    [youtube.][/youtube]
    I BELIEVE IN MIKE ROSS!!
    Mike Ross inspired me to take up the fat man. He is my SF4 hero. After Terry... and Doom...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Thanks!

DooM sitting there waiting for his opening :)

Sagat06 wrote: »
    DooM sitting there waiting for his opening :)

Would I? :D

I was actually watching that match and I was all "missed air throw... missed air throw... not enough boom pressure...whiffed flashes... this is ok but NOT a match of the year-" then the third round happened!

Valle vs Sabre definitely deserves to be in there imo, only American player to show off the way to play Sakura and one of the biggest upsets of the year if you were watching the stream at the time.

Basically all of Yeb's matches @WCW were insanity, so it's really hard to choose even 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Quite underwhelmed with the fights chosen. Have seen better ones even in the random tournaments posted in the Streams thread...Unfortunately. it appears as though only 16 nominations out of 69+ replies on the shoryuken.com thread.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

• Advertisement
Advertisement