Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to do a postgrad in the uk

Options
  • 30-12-2009 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭

Im currently in final year Arts in UCD. Looks like i'll get a 2.2.

As Arts is so vague, can I do a postgrad in specialized areas. The areas I'm looking at are Business Management or Journalism.

Id love to study in Scotland.

Could anyone help me on the available avenues that are open to me??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

Im currently in final year Arts in UCD. Looks like i'll get a 2.2.

As Arts is so vague, can I do a postgrad in specialized areas. The areas I'm looking at are Business Management or Journalism.

Id love to study in Scotland.

Could anyone help me on the available avenues that are open to me??

With postgrads in UK you apply to each individual university so their websites have all the info you need on who to contact and courses etc. You should go to the careers office in ucd and have a chat with them to get you started. Then take a look at the different websites like the prospects website that list all the courses and when you have chosen the courses you want go to the college websites for info on applying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭claire h

It really depends on what the individual courses are looking for. Sometimes they'll want a particular degree subject, other times a particular class of degree, sometimes they'll be looking for relevant work experience, etc. The best thing to do is look at various universities, see what they offer, see what the entry criteria are. You should be able to find something that'll suit you, though, worry not. :)

Prospects website is http://prospects.ac.uk, btw.

Advertisement