Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good pubs for New Year's Dundalk

Options
  • 30-12-2009 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for recommendations on a good pub for new year's eve. somewhere that has some music, but not too young a crowd (25 - 35ish).

any ideas?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Bru bakers. Good live bands and an older crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

Duff wrote: »
    Bru bakers. Good live bands and an older crowd.

U would agree with the above...

Also consider the Beerkeeper too, the crowd is mixed and has great selection of beers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

bru bakers is your best bet, the beer keeper has a younger crowd but its still good with good music played in there and a great selection of beers if you want to try something new.

Parkes bar can be good enough too, I've never been in it when its been jammed though.

Avoid good time charlies

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

thewools wrote: »
    U would agree with the above...

Also consider the Beerkeeper too, the crowd is mixed and has great selection of beers ;)

Beerkeeper is tickets only and none left
    Brubakers is tickets only and 15 yo yo a pop...

I find it a bit of a disgrace this day and age that they are charging into pubs that are frequented all year round by locals.

Wonder if the Spirt Store would be any use.... Probably ticketed too...

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

MugMugs wrote: »
    I find it a bit of a disgrace this day and age that they are charging into pubs that are frequented all year round by locals.

I agree and would avoid pubs throughout the year that charge in. My own local (Phoenix) doesn't charge in and my back up local (McKeowns) closes at 9pm on NYE! I would pop into others for occasional drinkies but can't reconcile the greed of the venue to mu custom!
    It's not enough that you are in paying pub prices for beers, fair enough but to charge you for the privilege is a bit much.

• Advertisement
Advertisement