Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards League Season 2 (Fixtures/Results/Tables)

Options
  • 30-12-2009 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

Right lads, I've set this up so that everyone can easily see whose played who and who they have left to play. I'll post all the results in here, and try to do up a table when a few games have been played.
    Also, I'll keep track of how many games people are playing each week so that everyone can keep on top of how everyone is doing.

Results so far
    FlawedGenius 1-0 Paddyjoe
    Thewools 2-1 Ian-Doc
    Thewools 4-2 SaulGoode9(PSN?)
    Ian-Doc 4-1 SaulGoode9

Game Count(for this week)
    thewools 2
    Ian-Doc 2
    SaulGoode 2
    FlawedGenius 1
    Paddyjoe 1
    Everyone else 0 :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

is this for league 1 and 2? or solely for league 1?

thewools 4 : 2 saulgoode9

Alot of goals came from bad mistakes from both players... :p. Saul started playing a possession game but must have gotten bored of that, and became more direct. Good game. Going to take a while for most of us to get fully going.

I tried out a few new players near the end too. Dont know my best team yet... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Well done thewools, that was a cheeky chip at the start of the second half;)

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sd08

We'll mostly use this for League 1, the League 2 people can just post their results in the League 2 thread, but I might put up the table for them here too.

saulgoode9 1-4 Ian-DOC
    A tighter game than the scoreline suggests. Ian took the lead through a looping free-kick from about 25-30 yards. I equalised before half time with a one on one. The second half was hard fought and Ian took the lead in the 75th minute. I then switched to all-out attack and Ian got two more on the counter attack in the last ten minutes. Overall, Ian probably deserved the win in an entertaining game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

League 1.
    Deaglan 8-1 Paddyjoedaplumber (flattering score)
    Deaglan 4-3 danialhamded (great game!) i was 3-2 down-danialhamed went 3-2 up after i conceded a penalty and a man sent off, pulled it back to 3-3, then got a goal with last kick of the game.

sd08 wrote: »
    Thewools 4-2 SaulGoode9(PSN?)

My PSN is saulgoode9 as well

thewools 6 : 1 paddyjoedplumber

Was 3 nil up at half time but a different paddy came out in the second and clawed back a goal.. I also won a penalty for eh i still dont know?? :cool:

I then went on to grab a few more but the margin was too much. Van persie hit a sweet shot off the post, if that had of went in it would have been a totally different game.

Here is all the team info on one page for the moment...

Teams_Info.jpg

As it stands this is how things look - I have only a few game which are listed here on this thread so there may be more, ill check when im home!

league_table.jpg

RECENT GAMES:

Ian-DOC 3 : 0 daniyalahmed
    Flawed 1 : 0 Ian-DOC
    Flawed 3 : 0 daniyalahmed
    Flawed 2 : 1 thewools :mad:
    Ian-DOC 3 : 5 StephenD08 (looked to be a cracker??)
    thewools 6 : 1 daniyalahmed

Will update table later

• Advertisement

thewools wrote: »
    RECENT GAMES:

Ian-DOC 3 : 0 daniyalahmed
    Flawed 1 : 0 Ian-DOC
    Flawed 3 : 0 daniyalahmed
    Flawed 2 : 1 thewools :mad:
    Ian-DOC 3 : 5 StephenD08 (looked to be a cracker??)
    thewools 6 : 1 daniyalahmed

Will update table later
    I'll update the first post later tonight after all today's games are played.
    That game was very good, Ian started off well and then I got a quick break and scored then got another 2 before 20 mins, then he clawed two back before half time, comeback looked on, but I managed to score at the start of the 2nd half and closed it out with a 5th late on, he scored hos 3rd with last kick of the game. Was especially pleasing for me cos he beat me twice in the last league:D

Table looks nice, any way I can add it to the first post?

I'll update the first post later tonight after all today's games are played.
    That game was very good, Ian started off well and then I got a quick break and scored then got another 2 before 20 mins, then he clawed two back before half time, comeback looked on, but I managed to score at the start of the 2nd half and closed it out with a 5th late on, he scored hos 3rd with last kick of the game. Was especially pleasing for me cos he beat me twice in the last league:D

Table looks nice, any way I can add it to the first post?

you can only edit a post a set amount of times - thinks its ten :confused:.. ill update it daily once the results are on here??

i think i might have made a mistake anyways ill correct it and post up table again tomorrow morning after all the games are completed

you can only edit a post a set amount of times - thinks its ten :confused:.. ill update it daily once the results are on here??
    That is strange alright. That's why I'm only updating the results in large chunks rather than one at a time. Maybe we could check the XBOX league to see what they do? If not just do a new post with all the results in it.

Decided to follow in Gilbertos footsteps... took me a while to get the grasp of the league set up but here it is now as it stands...

http://boardsleague1.leaguerepublic.com/

Decided to follow in Gilbertos footsteps... took me a while to get the grasp of the league set up but here it is now as it stands...

Looks good, suppose we can keep all the results in there too now. One problem I've noticed though is Ian-Doc has already played 7 games (in fact the only person he's not played is Gilberto) whereas Gilberto has played none, what happened to the 5 games per week rule, other than that the table looks fine and balanced. I know he's not on boards but surely someone could have told him before he played them because his 5th game was with me. Also I think the people on 4 games should try to play Gilberto and leave it at that for the week?

Looks good, suppose we can keep all the results in there too now. One problem I've noticed though is Ian-Doc has already played 7 games (in fact the only person he's not played is Gilberto) whereas Gilberto has played none, what happened to the 5 games per week rule, other than that the table looks fine and balanced. I know he's not on boards but surely someone could have told him before he played them because his 5th game was with me. Also I think the people on 4 games should try to play Gilberto and leave it at that for the week?

I agree with all above...

I never told Ian-DOC, ill send him a message 2moro after work however. Wonder does he follow this thread actually :confused:

Gilberto (americanJoe1986 ) should play StephenD08, Deaglan, Daniyalahmed, Paddyjoedplumber and saulgoode7 ASAP...

I agree with all above...

I never told Ian-DOC, ill send him a message 2moro after work however. Wonder does he follow this thread actually :confused:

Gilberto (americanJoe1986 ) should play StephenD08, Deaglan, Daniyalahmed, Paddyjoedplumber and saulgoode7 ASAP...
    Yeah, and then if I play Deaglan too that will leave everyone on 5 games except Ian-Doc(7) and me(4):confused:. Not being too harsh, but that has sort of messed up the balance of the games a bit.

Yeah, and then if I play Deaglan too that will leave everyone on 5 games except Ian-Doc(7) and me(4):confused:. Not being too harsh, but that has sort of messed up the balance of the games a bit.

It's only early still - it will regain its structure hopefully again next week :)

In the last league Flawed had nearly the league finished at this stage :P

It's only early still - it will regain its structure hopefully again next week :)

In the last league Flawed had nearly the league finished at this stage :P
    Yeah, I suppose we'll be able to sort it out, maybe have the other 8 guys play 6 games each this week to bring the matches more balanced by then because either way we were going to have one person with either 1 more or 1 less game than the others? All depends if Gilberto can play 6 games in 4 days, because most of the others will only have 1 or 2 left to play.

Yeah, I suppose we'll be able to sort it out, maybe have the other 8 guys play 6 games each this week to bring the matches more balanced by then because either way we were going to have one person with either 1 more or 1 less game than the others? All depends if Gilberto can play 6 games in 4 days, because most of the others will only have 1 or 2 left to play.

There was no one around earlier, i popped on just after 6(ish) but started downloading the MAG update and that took well over an hour, after that came back on here and saw a few games had been played, hardly all during that hour?, or the lads just didnt accept my invites, dont have most of them. Saw Paddyjoe and Saul but they came on and just played other games, ill push ppl for games from 2moro.

I can play any time, i just need to know when people can play, not playing either the xbox or ps3 at the moment so i won't be hanging round. Ill send some messages 2moro and see what replies i get by evening.

In relation to IAN, i told him once i saw how many he played, and told him to keep an eye on this thread. He was on boards at least once during the last one but he's not a regular visitor frm what i know

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭pool fan

i played my 4th game last night,was against Ian, didnt know he had played some many.He bet me 3-2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

deaglan v saulgoode9 - disconnected- it went down as a 3-0 to me...i msgd him to say we should play a ranked match. i was 1-0 up when it disconected,but i dont mind starting from the start again. didnt hear back from him tho.

deaglan 0 v 4 americanjoe - i wouldnt finish me dinner in this game!! :mad:

deaglan v saulgoode9 - disconnected- it went down as a 3-0 to me...i msgd him to say we should play a ranked match. i was 1-0 up when it disconected,but i dont mind starting from the start again. didnt hear back from him tho.
    Ya, at first at thought it was you. I sent you a message saying "What happened" when the game ended, but it was my broadband, don't know what the problem was, I couldn't go online or go on the internet until this morning. If you don't mind we can play a ranked match and I'll give you a goal.

3-1 to Flawed

1-1 and he got a free kick on the edge of the box with 10mins, wouldn't mind if i slid him, there as good an a penalty from there. :rolleyes:

League Updated...

I havnt included the deaglan v saulgoode9 match!

Table looks ok, just needs more games from me and Gilberto:P. I was on fr nearly 2 hours earlier and not one person was online so is anybody free to play in about 10/15 minutes?

Table looks ok, just needs more games from me and Gilberto:P. I was on fr nearly 2 hours earlier and not one person was online so is anybody free to play in about 10/15 minutes?

i can play you in ten...

i can play you in ten...
    Ok, I'll go on now.

I tried to play Saul earlier and we couldnt connect, must have tried for about 10mins, i wonder is he NTL like me, it takes me loads of goes against people without it, i bet thats the result of two NTL's trying to play.

Not sure how we'll get those games played as after today it just doesnt look like it will work at all.

• Advertisement

thewools 1 : 3 StephenD

Disaster - i got off to a good start and went one nil up at the break... i then tried to be smart going defensive. BAD IDEA!! was all over the shop and SD could have easily won by more in the 2nd half!! :rolleyes:

Advertisement