Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from AH for Racism ?

Options
  • 30-12-2009 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

i dont see how this is possible, many others agree on thread too

Thread: http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055781655&page=6

myself and thezohan did trade pm's but it didn't resolve anything

The CMod doesn't seem to be about nor has being for some time so i decided to take it here.

my biggest problem with this is why is that thread allowed to be open if it is gonna cos soo much hassle in the first place ?

my first two posts on thread were very serious but after that i was joking, and others did take it as a joke too, which there is nothing wrong with.

i do admit to making a mistake which was quoting the wrong person and not noticing it (giving the time of night it was it was easy to make mistakes by accident).

but surely my mistake can be easily resolved rather than ban me ?
    i mean i only quoted the wrong person.

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

sorry for the extra post/bump

but i just seen another thread started here going against Zohan.

last night Zohan did move a thread or two and also locked one or two.

was he right to do this ?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055782286 - this was perfect in AH so why move to TCN ?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055782411 - this is allowed after there was a similar thread saying condoms were too small ?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055782826 - perfectly good thread gone to waste ? (im a non-smoker non alcoholic btw)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055782290 - yes he was a troll IMO but that thread would've went well, may not have lasted long but still.

anyway, thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I would suggest that our PMs on the matter are published. Robbie seems to have changed his story on this.

Thanks.

TheZohan wrote: »
    I would suggest that our PMs on the matter are published. Robbie seems to have changed his story on this.

Thanks.

what did i change ?

i still stand by what i say
    robbie_998 wrote:
    TheZohan wrote:
    robbie_998 wrote:
    TheZohan wrote:
    robbie_998 wrote:
    TheZohan wrote:
    robbie_998 wrote:
    TheZohan wrote:
    robbie_998 wrote:
    TheZohan wrote:
    Hi robbie_998,

You have been banned from Lonely Hearts for the following duration:

4 Day(s)

for the following reason:

racism

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 4 Day(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the alloted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.
    Also, please be aware that an abusive response to this automated message may result in an extension of your ban, or in extreme cases, being banned from the entire site.

Thanks,

Forum Moderator.

huh ?

proof of this please

if this is another joke im really not in the mood right now :(

And I am not in the mood for racists coming onto this forum.

Log out and have a look at the forum, you will see your posts. You agreed that there was no such thing as a good traveller and you followed that up by saying you have a hatred for travellers.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

yes i just found it and other posters have already gone against your decision for unfair bannings

maybe you should reconsider:
    Since when are Travellers a race?!
    I cannot see why those posters were banned, from my experiences of travellers all they said was the truth. Not once have I met a decent one, they surely must be the "small minority". All I have met from them was a knuckle duster to the face outside a nightclub because I apparently was "eyein up" his "byooorr" and an attempted burglary and being verbally abused anytime I walk past a group of them.
    Travellers are identical to me, genetically. Identical.

There are no race issue here, there are social issues to tackle and descriminatory issues, granted, but not race ones.

Also, who is to say I myself am not a traveller ?

and on the other side we did address them by they proper title and not anything else which i know people would love to do.

Please think it over.

Racial discrimination typically points out taxonomic differences between different groups of people, although anyone may be discriminated against on an ethnic or cultural basis, independently of their somatic differences. According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnic discrimination.

well my last 3-4 posts on that thread were only for a laugh, nothing was seriously ment by them, and yes you know that simply because you know me !

my first and second posts were serious and there was nothing wrong with them in any way shape or form.

as for the last few posts, they were strictly a joke, a joke that was taken very lightly with another user and we did not go off topic or do anything to deserve a ban.

also i see that thread got another good reply against you decision for the bans.

this most likely will kick up a controversy considering i myself am the same race as a traveller but am not one.

I cannot be racist to my own race

If you disagree with my decision contact AlmightyCushion.

Thanks.

Well he got a very long worded pm from me.

but i would like to point out that for you to consider Travellers as a different race is in itself racism.

I'm a white male and the way your putting it is i can say i hate white men is racism ?

you really should think it over dude

Robbie I have to be fair when dealing with this.
    According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnic discrimination.

See the above quote, that's the United Nations stance on racism.
    An ethnic group is a group of humans whose members identify with each other, through a common heritage that is real or assumed

Now all joking aside, we both like to have a laugh on boards, you crossed the line in my opinion and in what the United Nations deems to be racism.

If AC decides I'm wrong I'll gladly lift your ban, no harm done.

When you spoke about your neighbours etc. that was ok, but when you joined in with the trolls saying there was no thing as a good traveller etc. that's where you crossed the line.

Thanks,

TheZohan

huh ?

when the hell did i say that.

I know a good traveller or two, school was a big place and there was two travellers (at most) who didn't cos trouble.

I think what happened there is i ****ed up on quotes and quoted the wrong guy,

there was another poster who said disagree with that post and i ment i agree'd with him when he disagreed !

AC does not seem to be around and hasen't being for quite a bit so i was about to start a thread over in Help Desk.

I will hold off from help desk for a bit.

but in all fairness now maybe you should do something about that poster when they said that and ban them for racism ?

maybe you should make a full statement to address the other posters of that thread when they disagreed with your ban methods ?

maybe that thread should be closed before anyone got a chance to post in it due to the severity of the topic and sensitivity of the issue ?

maybe you yourself should think that maybe you are being racist by declaring travellers the way you are and you yourself should get some kind of ban for racism ?

surely you can see my points here ?

but i didn't know i agreed with that statement, it was what 3 in the morning and i was extremely tired and i guess i just hit the wrong quote by accident.

you may change what i agreed to on thread,

but yes everything else was joking like my last 2 - 3 posts.

Thank you

They are the PM's as they are in my inbox.

Admins may feel free to look themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

we share a great hatred for travellers.

marry me.

Saying that you only posted it "for the lulz" isn't a valid defence. In future I'd suggest you choose your words more wisely.

I see no reason to overturn the ban on this occasion.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Saying that you only posted it "for the lulz" isn't a valid defence. In future I'd suggest you choose your words more wisely.

I see no reason to overturn the ban on this occasion.

that was strictly just a little joke between myself and the other poster and it did stop cos we were sensible enough to not go any further

and yes i agree and i will be more sensible when choosing my words in the future

• Advertisement

OK well that's that sorted. When you come back from your ban we'll start a fresh but please read the Charter.

Thanks.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055782286 - this was perfect in AH so why move to TCN ?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055782411 - this is allowed after there was a similar thread saying condoms were too small ?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055782826 - perfectly good thread gone to waste ? (im a non-smoker non alcoholic btw)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055782290 - yes he was a troll IMO but that thread would've went well, may not have lasted long but still.

also my last PM to TheZohan was left unanswered. Maybe these can be addressed along with the 4 threads above ?

i do think that this ban is unfair, Racism ?

is that not going to far ?

and no that cant be it sorted... its still unfair and many posters did post on thread saying that it was unfair.

We're talking about your ban, not anyone elses bans, posts or thread.

So all that is irrelevant to the question at hand, and yes, it is sorted. The ban remains.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    We're talking about your ban, not anyone elses bans, posts or thread.

So all that is irrelevant to the question at hand, and yes, it is sorted. The ban remains.

Other people posted that the bans giving to me and others were unfair... surely you can see that yourself.

but How is it racism ?

Me: A white male from Ireland

a member of the traveling community: Also a white male from Ireland (mostly)

I'm being racist to my own race ?

Great i'm being a racist against myself and i cant even get a reply !

an Un-ban should already have happened seen as i appear to be right here.

yes it was an unfair ban.

robbie_998 wrote: »
    Other people posted that the bans giving to me and others were unfair... surely you can see that yourself.

but How is it racism ?

Me: A white male from Ireland

a member of the traveling community: Also a white male from Ireland (mostly)

I'm being racist to my own race ?

Robbie please read this:
    According to the United Nations conventions, there is no distinction between the term racial discrimination and ethnic discrimination.

and now this:
    An ethnic group is a group of humans whose members identify with each other, through a common heritage that is real or assumed

What part of it can you not understand?

• Advertisement

well if nobody has a reply to me then it is only fair that i get un-banned.

Also accusing me of a racist is extremely offensive to me.

It's called being offline. We're not sitting around awaiting your next post.

You've been given a desicion. As such, the thread is closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement