Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod double standards - accuses of trolling

Options
  • 30-12-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have started a thread in AH asking for non-smoking peoples opinions on smoker friends. Topical enough - its a news item today

He locks the thread for trolling. I find this baffling considering the amount of "Can you really say your ok with gays/transexuals etc" threads going about.

Anyways, this is the third time that same has been done to me by this mod. Im not claiming that he/she abuses power, but would like this incident to be noted nonetheless.

TheZohan is the person in question. Thanks for reading. I will try to post the same thread again later, perhaps when a more reasonable mod is on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

I see that a 3rd hospital dont allow smoking anywhere near their campus.

Im a non-smoker, and since the ban came in, i become more and more aware of people who do smoke, and the terrible effect it has on lungs etc. Granted it helps one pull outside nightclubs when the normies are not for pulling ("smokers are pokers" is such a true saying), but beyond that, I cant say id miss it.

My question is, why still do it? I know its addictive etc, but guys - your getting more and more ostricised from normal society with it. Imagine 20 years time how restricted the country will be from it (again a welcome thing).

I think that the worst thing that happened with the ban was the leeway given to pubs/clubs, which still allows one to smoke on premesis ("beer garden" anyone?) despite the law clearly stating otherwise.

I say all this as one who hangs out with mainly smokers. Perhaps the cold weather combined with the smoke makes it that bit more painful, but its really bothering me lately. Im sure im not the only non-smoker who hangs with mainly jokers. Anyone care to share their experience?

PS - *cough :P

The enbolded part of the post is what I had issue with.

Calling smokers "jokers" is trolling, simple as.

Advertisement