Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Donegal???

• 30-12-2009 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭

hi all,

Just putting this out there, have my canon a few months now and very rarely see any other photographers about, just wondering would any be willing to meet up for a shoot somewhere in the county?

Thanks,
    Dean.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Im in Buncrana for just a few more days before heading back down country for work, and am itching to get out, but the weather is really really cr@p...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

lol, i've been down there to relatives in Moville (up the hill loking over the foyle) and also to clonmany (the other side down by the beach) the roads were no worse than where i live but then again i'd drive in anything:p

The roads don't bother me either, it's the lashing rain all day that's a bit of a pain in a$$.
    Have u anything in mind?

i know a load of good places afink around the whole county that i wana go tobut the missus has no paitence when it comes to photography:p. i suppose there are 3 main area (1 full dayish in each)

1 - donegal town -ardera i know could hit donegal town , kellybegs, i know a few good places round kilcar, sleive league (not cimbing the summit though) then hit port i think its class at sunset time brill photo opps then down the waterfall near ardera.

2 - dungloe - letterkenny round the coast might be tight toget the whole thing in one day with the light going at 4 so i'd suggest starting in l'kenny through rathmullen to fanad over the famous bridge carrigart then over by glen village lough salt.

3 - pretty much the whole of the 100 from only starting up grainain and then buncranna (swan lake) and work round from there?

I'm for doing it anyways i don't mind drivin as i say i've a handy 1.4 diesel for the job.

All sounds good. #3 would suit me gteat - always wanted to get to malin head but again it comes down to weather.
    I'm Heading out now for nite & not sure how much web access I'll have thru phone to check back into this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Donegal in this weather... ya'll crazy up there !

Chorcai wrote: »
    Donegal in this weather... ya'll crazy up there !

Sun shining up here all day!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

Ah i could have meet you guys for lunch ;)
    Was it not windy today? Nice picture by the way.

mobileblog wrote: »
    Ah i could have meet you guys for lunch ;)
    Was it not windy today? Nice picture by the way.

Ah crap, the more the merrier! Definitely next time!
    & it was VERY windy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭mobileblog

Hey, Give me a shout/pm when your coming up next if you wanna meet up (but let me know in advance). I’m living about 40 mins from Buncrana. If you accept you have to give me the tip behind the tennis ball shot ;)

• Advertisement

mobileblog wrote: »
    Hey, Give me a shout/pm when your coming up next if you wanna meet up (but let me know in advance). I’m living about 40 mins from Buncrana. If you accept you have to give me the tip behind the tennis ball shot ;)
    I squeezed that info out of him too, lol, simply done but brillant! It was a good day yesterday longshanks is a sound guy to boot too. anyways my pics aint that great but here are a few of mines, seen some interesting things yesterday like people writing their names with stones on the grass at malin head, and people jamming coins into the cracks in the cave wall at the "Wee house of Malin" anyways enough ramballing here are a few of my pics the others are on my flikr http://www.flickr.com/photos/irl_deano/

4234229294_238eea8600.jpg

4233418989_a3edf52e02.jpg

4233405381_6caf9625f9.jpg

4233633355_12d84e9ca2.jpg

4233654829_cf4a0fa52c.jpg

4233465721_ec818fa3ec.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,575 ✭✭✭✭PFJSplitter

Nice pics, homer simpson ~ thanks for sharing.
    Just guessing that the coin photo has been PSd - the contrasting depth of fields. Would love to see a zoom in on the coin, external ridges if any, and a copper coin preview somewhere in the photo to blend it together...IMHO

Love the winding road and the countryside...any chance of levelling the horizon and deepening the colours?

Great stuff!

[Kindly don't take me seriously ~ armchair critics are the worst blokes! :D]

Thanks for sharing!

Nice pics, homer simpson ~ thanks for sharing.
    Just guessing that the coin photo has been PSd - the contrasting depth of fields.

beleive it or not no, i just put on tv on the camera an manual focoused on the coin the bit of focus is a bit of rock sticking out, only editing was a small contrast change in picasso!
    Love the winding road and the countryside...any chance of levelling the horizon and deepening the colours?

Great stuff!

[Kindly don't take me seriously ~ armchair critics are the worst blokes! :D]

Thanks for sharing!

i did try but only in picasso made the sea disapear altogether and the straight road leading to the corkscrew and the houses on it unlevel then was worse IMO, and the colours were a nightmare tried a few diff things but couldn't quite get it right(was taken after sun had set over the hill behind us).

i love getting feedback on my pics only way i can improve :)

P.S.if anyone can do anything with the corkscrew pic feel free. cos im beat, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Consider me subscribed to this thread! I was away for the last two days but should be around Ramelton now until next Thursday.

I'm thinking of going getting a few shots around Dunlewy of Errigal with the frost, don't know how good the roads are down those parts though. I'll probably wait for the roads to thaw out, and the frost should stay on errigal for a few days after!

Nice shots Mr Simpson. Was a good day out and was good to put a face to the name!
    A Few of my pics from the day below, the rest on flickr

4235094652_697608d219.jpg

4234317629_7ff9719af9.jpg

4234318177_a6bed70dda.jpg

foto joe wrote: »
    I'm thinking of going getting a few shots around Dunlewy of Errigal with the frost, don't know how good the roads are down those parts though. I'll probably wait for the roads to thaw out, and the frost should stay on errigal for a few days after!

Ended up taking a spin down there yesterday evening. Was very last minute and just made it before the light went down so didn't have time to gather a group... sorry not very boardsie friendly of me! Didn't think I'd get any as the area was all fog and clouds, ended up going down to a lake to get a few shots of the sunset and lucky enough errigal cleared when I was there and got some reflections of it on the lake. They're on my Flickr if ye would like a look. Might take a run down there again tomorrow if the roads are OK and the light is good... you'd want to be there pre-2pm to get light down in Dunlewy I'd say...

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭LoanShark

Hi OP,
    I'm from Donegal Town and would be willing to meet up and show you some places, If you want..Let me know and maybe find a time that suits?

foto joe wrote: »
    Ended up taking a spin down there yesterday evening. Was very last minute and just made it before the light went down so didn't have time to gather a group... sorry not very boardsie friendly of me! Didn't think I'd get any as the area was all fog and clouds, ended up going down to a lake to get a few shots of the sunset and lucky enough errigal cleared when I was there and got some reflections of it on the lake. They're on my Flickr if ye would like a look. Might take a run down there again tomorrow if the roads are OK and the light is good... you'd want to be there pre-2pm to get light down in Dunlewy I'd say...

Nice photos i love the 1st and 5th ones i don't think i've ever seen errigal from that angle before and the reflection on the water makes.. well...epic:)
    loanshark
    Hi OP,
    I'm from Donegal Town and would be willing to meet up and show you some places, If you want..Let me know and maybe find a time that suits?

That sounds good, its a place i dont know much about i know about most of donegal but not a lot about donegal town an further south!

Change of plan with the return to Errigal.... it was on Highland Radio that the council have almost run out of salt/grit and they've stopped gritting the road by Errigal until they get more supplies. There's snow due tonight so heading that direction tomorrow wouldn't be too wise!

Hi all, i was bored in the house today and thought its such a shame to waste a lovely day so decided to go for a wee run around downings/fanad with the Girlfriend for the afternoon, there was a bit of glare from the sun but still i think its the best day i ever had taking photos (quality wise), not that that would have been hard lol, so i thought i'd share, here are a few the others are on my picasa site http://picasaweb.google.com/110077960140202901749/DonegalScenery#

All comments are welcome please feel free to rip them to shreads or compiliment if you wish, thats what i use boards for improving so dont be shy.

Mulroy%20bridge%202.jpg

knockalla%201.jpg

fanad%20lighthouse%203.jpg

Suset%201.jpg

P.S. we must get a meet arranged for up here with some people again. donegal is for me the best place for taking photographs , so much unspoilt scenery and its full of hidden gems just waiting to be snapped.

PPS - i just remembered about that silly watermark that picasa use's when you upload the photos from their software, i know it spoils them a bit sorry all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Nice Fanad shots, have relatives up there but haven't been up there since i got my cameras.

Was up in Donegal Town this weekend and it's great to see another side of Donegal I've never seen, it is so beautiful up there wish I had more time.

LOVE those last two Homer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 cdonnelly

I will keep an eye on this thread as I am in Donegal about 15 min drive from Malin head so if your ever up this direction again I would love to meet up

I know most of the coastline around here like the back of my hand so any landscape guys I could be a local guide

Hi all,

I was thinking about head somewhere next week or possably the week after, open to suggestions as to where anywhere in donegal would suit me, any anyone wana come along? any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

To all Donegal Boardies - trying to get a small beers going in Letterkenny, next Friday 16th. See this thread for details.
    It'd be great to meet up with any of you to discuss some possible expeditions.

Hoping to see one or two there.

I know its an old thread but no point starting a new one ;)

I was just wondering if anyone wanted to meet up to go out for a few hours i've not been getting out as much as i would have liked to recently got out today though for a wee while ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/irl_deano/sets/72157625369582977/ ), its a bit challenging trying to get the setting right in the snow and thought to myself, if only i had someone else to ask / bounce ideas off!!!

So what'ca think anyone wana go out a run?

Advertisement