Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recipe translation help needed!!

Options
  • 30-12-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭

hi there

i love browsing in the local polish food shop and love coming out each time with something i've never tried before. last time i bought what i assume is some kind of ''packet cheesecake'' but the instructions escape me and all the usual translation websites i use!! can anyone help me?

Nalezy przygotowac:
    150g margaryny (margarine)
    5 jaj (5 eggs)
    1kg zmielongo twarogu
    100ml mleka (mleka = milk?)
    ok. 1/3 szklanki cukru (ok. 50g)
    do mase toffi:
    100g margaryny (margarine)
    3 tyzki mleka
    ok 100g orzechow wtoskich

1 Masa sernikowa

Rozpuscic i ostudzic 150g margaryny. Bialka oddzielic od zoltek. Mieszanke do sera, twarog, zoltka, mleko oraz roztopiona i ostudzona margaryne dokladnie zmiksowac do polaczenia skladnikow.

2 Dodawanie piany i pieczenie

Z bialek ubic piane, dodac do niej 1/3 szklanki cukru i wymieszac z masa serowa. Mase przelozyc do tortowincy o srednicy tortowincy o srednicy ok. 26cm wysmarowanej tluszczem i posypanej maka lub wylozonej na spodzie papierem do pieczenia (obrecz tortownicy wysmarowac tluszczem). Piec wedlug zalecen.

3 Dekorowanie masa toffi

Margaryne i mleko rozpuscic w garnku i zagotowac. Wsypac mieszanke do masy toffi, ciagle mieszajac zagotowac i odstawic. Wierzch wystudzonego sernika udekorowac polowkami orzechow wsloskich, a nastepnie polac masa toffi. Pozostawic do zastygnecia.

Uwaga: Do pieczenia sernika nie nalezy uzywac termoobiegu.

Any help at all would be much appreciated!!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Twarogu is like cottage or curd cheese.

1/3 szklanki cukru (ok. 50g) is 1/3 cup of sugar

ok. 100g orzechow wtoskich is about 100g walnuts

ok is okolo meaning 'about'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Piotrr

Hi,

You already know the ingredients from the spurious's post but I guess you're gonna need the instructions translated as well ;) From what I managed to gather from the below instructions you should have there two mixtures - cheese mixture "mieszanka do sera" and toffee mixture "masa toffi".

1 Masa sernikowa - 1 Cheesecake filling

Rozpuscic i ostudzic 150g margaryny. Bialka oddzielic od zoltek. Mieszanke do sera, twarog, zoltka, mleko oraz roztopiona i ostudzona margaryne dokladnie zmiksowac do polaczenia skladnikow.

Melt and cool down 150 g of margarine. Separate the egg yolks from the whites. Mix together cheese mixture (mieszanka do sera), cottage cheese, yolks, milk and melted and cooled down margarine until well combined.

2 Dodawanie piany i pieczenie 2. Adding foam and baking

Z bialek ubic piane, dodac do niej 1/3 szklanki cukru i wymieszac z masa serowa. Mase przelozyc do tortowincy o srednicy tortowincy o srednicy ok. 26cm wysmarowanej tluszczem i posypanej maka lub wylozonej na spodzie papierem do pieczenia (obrecz tortownicy wysmarowac tluszczem). Piec wedlug zalecen.

Whip the egg whites to stiff peaks, add 1/3 glass of sugar (approx. 50 grams) and mix with the cheese mixture. Put the mixture over to a greased and flour-dusted or covered with baking paper and greased on the sides springform pan of a diameter of approx. 26 cm. Bake according to instructions.

3 Dekorowanie masa toffi 3 Decorating with toffee mixture

Margaryne i mleko rozpuscic w garnku i zagotowac. Wsypac mieszanke do masy toffi, ciagle mieszajac zagotowac i odstawic. Wierzch wystudzonego sernika udekorowac polowkami orzechow wsloskich, a nastepnie polac masa toffi. Pozostawic do zastygnecia.

Melt and boil margarine and milk in a pan. Pour the toffee mixture, bring to the boil stirring all the time and put aside. Decorate the top of the cooled down cheesecake with halfs of walnuts and pour it over with the toffee mixture. Leave it until it stiffens.

Uwaga: Do pieczenia sernika nie nalezy uzywac termoobiegu.

Caution: Do not use fan-mode to bake the cheesecake.

Advertisement