Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked Sink

• 30-12-2009 7:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Looking for a sink plunger, not rubber one, something a good tradesman plumber would use, can't get at s bend so it will have to have a bit of push behind it.

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

stanley1 wrote: »
    Looking for a sink plunger, not rubber one, something a good tradesman plumber would use, can't get at s bend so it will have to have a bit of push behind it.

TIA

You can pick up a pump type plunger, its got a plunger head followed by a hand pump.
    Way better than hand plunger, blockages are pushed clear by pressure created by pump. I bought mine a while ago, big tool shop in Blanchardstown, Quins or Quinlan something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

Maybe McQuillans, they have shop in Capel St.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭items

stanley1 wrote: »
    Maybe McQuillans, they have shop in Capel St.

That's the one, no idea if they have them reg in stock but it's the only place I've seen them @ good price. Picked mine up a good while ago.

Some plumber shops stock pressure plungers but they are big plumbing company brand name, cost's a fortune, something like 80 or 90 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Prior to purchasing a plunger, allow a half cup of vinegar to soak in waste pipe. This might dissolve the grease / blockage.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Be careful using a high preesure plunger. You may cause the joints to fail on the S-bend. Particularly when you cannot access them.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭ab20

Why don't you just disconnet the trap and clean it out if that is where the problem is. You could also get some Caustic Soda, this is like an acid and it should clean away any grease and sh*t that might be stuck there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 adam.e

Im a plumber and i dont even use a plunger,all you have too do is look under the sink, disconect the two nuts on the trap,one on the sink and the other on the waste pipe. then clean it out,save yourself 15quid.

Advertisement