Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iomega screenplay director hd media player - STAY AWAY!!!

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Got it to show up but now have another issue. When I plug in my Iomega Screenplay Director to the PC I can see all my files there in Windows Explorer but from the Iomega user interface when I go to Music, Photos etc. all I get is a My Files folder and then 'config' appears?? I done a full reset on the unit but still the same thing? Any ideas?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

If anyone has a faulty Iomega Screenplay director pro or spare remote control can you let me know. Looking to source a remote control as the kids have lost mine.

TIA.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 202 ✭✭stephen97

V1llianous wrote: »
    If anyone has a faulty Iomega Screenplay director pro or spare remote control can you let me know. Looking to source a remote control as the kids have lost mine.

TIA.
    yes i have 2 remotes for my iomega but im holding on to it as a spare unless the price is right, then i would consider selling. how is 100 euro for ya?

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Hi guys, Have a screenplay director myself. Noticed on a few movies I've obtained recently that the audio starts jittering, and keeps falling behind the video (which is fine). They're avi files. Is this indicative of a problem with the drive - or just that its not up to the job of managing some videos which are encoded a certain way?

kelbal wrote: »
    Hi guys, Have a screenplay director myself. Noticed on a few movies I've obtained recently that the audio starts jittering, and keeps falling behind the video (which is fine). They're avi files. Is this indicative of a problem with the drive - or just that its not up to the job of managing some videos which are encoded a certain way?
    check your hdmi/phono cable is plugged to tv and box, sometimes they get loose and cause problems like you described

• Advertisement

its specific to some files - grand most of the time. Any known solution to this?

its specific to some files - grand most of the time. Any known solution to this?
    no, these drives have their limitations. you need to wait for a software update, check the website there may be one there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

My supplier has been reccomending these for me a client, but I'm reluctant to buy giving the reviews on here.
    Could somebody reccomend an alternative make/model for around €150-200. Needs to be very user friendly.

Thanks,

Tinytony wrote: »
    My supplier has been reccomending these for me a client, but I'm reluctant to buy giving the reviews on here.
    Could somebody reccomend an alternative make/model for around €150-200. Needs to be very user friendly.

Thanks,

Have to say, I'm very happy with mine - it is very user friendly, and has never given me any problems. The odd movie doesn't work with it (about 1 in 100 I'd say), but thats more down to how the person has encoded it than a fault with the drive I'd reckon. The 3 year warranty is a big plus too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Tinytony

Have to say, I'm very happy with mine - it is very user friendly, and has never given me any problems. The odd movie doesn't work with it (about 1 in 100 I'd say), but thats more down to how the person has encoded it than a fault with the drive I'd reckon. The 3 year warranty is a big plus too.

Just been informed by the supplier that they are gone end of life.
    The Iomega MX2 a decent alternative?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 hicko

hi folks sorry for my stupit queations on the above but not savvy wen it comes to this kind of gear so av one and av it set up on the tv wt nternet connected so want to use utube but getting the set up ok but wen i press ok to view its saying sorry u av to sign up so how do i do this any one out ter tat can help me word for word thanks again hicko

• Registered Users Posts: 3 evelyno123

My iomega screenplay plus won't play HD files, can anybody help me as to what codec or file I can put on it to correct this... I tried load vlc but simply placing it on the screenplay. Not very up on all of this so any help would be appreciated. Thanks Evelyn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

hicko wrote: »
    hi folks sorry for my stupit queations on the above but not savvy wen it comes to this kind of gear so av one and av it set up on the tv wt nternet connected so want to use utube but getting the set up ok but wen i press ok to view its saying sorry u av to sign up so how do i do this any one out ter tat can help me word for word thanks again hicko

Is this for real? So much for free education...

degsie wrote: »
    Is this for real? So much for free education...

:D was thinking the same.

Advertisement