Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brisbane or Melbourne

Options
  • 30-12-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

I have a brother in australia, he is currently living in brisbane but will be moving to melbourne in April, I will be going over to him for 3 weeks some time this year, should I go while he is still in brisbane or wait till he moves to melbourne, which would be better ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭hipster2009

melbourne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

melbourne

why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

i would say melbourne as well, it's a fantastic city. thing is if you have 3 weeks there's not reason you couldn't see both. if he's in melbourne stay with him for half of it then head up to the east coast for a look around, maybe sydney or farther north.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Melbourne is a great city, but.....

Brisbane is 2 hours drive from Byron Bay, 4 hours drive from Fraser Island, a short flight from the Whitsundays. If you're looking for a few local trips so some amazing places, I'd be going to Brisbane. That said, Brisbane itself isn't as good as Melbourne for travellers I would say.

Advertisement