Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Noob question

• 30-12-2009 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I have just got a motorized 1m dish and a spiderbox hd. This is my first time with this sort of set up and am learning slowly. My question is what satellites should I expect to receive, the reason I ask is that I had channels on 25.5e and 26e and now the signal is lost but sometimes comes back. I also started to get a couple of channels on nilesat but cannot get now for the last week.

So, what satellites should I be concentrating on??

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Folks,

I have just got a motorized 1m dish and a spiderbox hd. This is my first time with this sort of set up and am learning slowly. My question is what satellites should I expect to receive, the reason I ask is that I had channels on 25.5e and 26e and now the signal is lost but sometimes comes back. I also started to get a couple of channels on nilesat but cannot get now for the last week.

So, what satellites should I be concentrating on??

Paul.

Location???

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Kinnegad

Kinnegad

With the wet weather signals will be down.

You should be getting MBC on 26 E I'm not sure if you got Orbit 25.5 E.

For Nile sat look for City 7 on 11862 V 27500-3/4.

Let us know how are getting on.

Greenman wrote: »
    With the wet weather signals will be down.

You should be getting MBC on 26 E I'm not sure if you got Orbit 25.5 E.

For Nile sat look for City 7 on 11862 V 27500-3/4.

Let us know how are getting on.

Nice blue skies here at the minute and still no signal from 25.5 or 26, do I need a bigger dish for these??

I'm not in IRL but I would say you have not a hope with 25.5 but Arabsat/Badr is possible.

Has anything changed ie heavy winds? Are you getting the other sats on the ARC?

Out curiousity what channels did you used to get on 25.5 ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Nice blue skies here at the minute and still no signal from 25.5 or 26, do I need a bigger dish for these??
    26E is a very weak satellite, you need a well aligned 1m dish minimum to pick it up .
    As for Nilesat you havent a hope of picking it up in Ireland on a 1m dish ,prob 2m minimum is required.

Greenman wrote: »
    Has anything changed ie heavy winds? Are you getting the other sats on the ARC?

Any luck?

No still no luck with 25.5 and 26 but have done a scan of pretty much all other sats and am happy enough.

Just trying to sort through it all now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

How does the spiderbox perform? These seem an interesting bit of kit?

Advertisement