Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone repair shops

Options
  • 30-12-2009 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭

I've accidentally cracked the screen of my Nokia phone, so I brought it back to the O2 shop where I bought it to see if they could help. They offered to repair it....for €60. I don't fancy paying this ridiculous amount seeing as the phone only cost me €80 in the first place.

So does anybody know of any decent phone repair shops around the city? There are a few dodgy looking ones around Moore St and Parnell St that are run by Chinese. Has anybody any experience with these? Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is one at leonards corner, mr mobile is the name of it if i recall correctly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

Cheers Admiral, but do you know how much they charge?
    I'm specifically looking for people who have gotten their phone repaired in one of these shops before. A lot of them look pretty dodgy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Fo Real wrote: »
    Cheers Admiral, but do you know how much they charge?
    I'm specifically looking for people who have gotten their phone repaired in one of these shops before. A lot of them look pretty dodgy...

sorry mate i have no idea, i could drop in tomorrow and ask them for you if you want

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

One on Georges St opposite Decwells hardware shop.

There's a tonne on Moore St and a few on Talbot St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

If you hop on the luas out to the last stop in sandyford theres one oposite the stop and there is another one just up the road from the stop beside bizquip oposite woodies in Sandyford. The one oposite woodies is one that a lot of the phone providers use in ireland so may be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

i have used and recommend ****.ie just of the north quays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Simi Sim on Aungier St. (opposite DIT college)

Probably one of the best in the city center.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭sxt

i have used and recommend ****.ie just of the north quays

D'ont go anywhere near ****.ie , dodgiest place in Dublin, had the naaivity of going to this premises, and having my ipod bricked by them ,followed by a devious attempt to try and cover up their incompetence. And Thats just half the story :( Go somewhere that has a solid reputation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

There is a really good one in the GPO arcade. It seems like a legit outfit and fixed my fellas Nokia for free as it was still under warrenty. Can't remember the name, its got the word 'fone' in it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

an official shop on south anne st, they fixed mine for free, happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

WindSock wrote: »
    There is a really good one in the GPO arcade. It seems like a legit outfit and fixed my fellas Nokia for free as it was still under warrenty. Can't remember the name, its got the word 'fone' in it though.

I got mine fixed in there.....if the nokia is less than 2yrs old they will do it for free (I think)

mine was a nokia N95 - but was not cracked .... the screen was not powering ....slight difference - but bring it into them and ask if they can do it cheap.

There is an official nokia shop off grafton street (near the Phil Lynott Statue) ....but they'll charge.

WindSock wrote: »
    Jay D wrote: »
    an official shop on south anne st, they fixed mine for free, happy days.

http://www.fonemenders.ie/

Same place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭Fo Real

I was just checking out fonemenders website and they seem legit and professional, unlike a lot of other places arond town. I'm going to take my phone to them tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

fonemenders,
    MPRC (mobile phone repair company) in sandyford
    or use sigma telecom (fone fix) in finglas

All of the above are legit but you will still get good and bad service in each of them. MPRC probably do most of the work.

Davy wrote: »
    fonemenders,
    MPRC (mobile phone repair company) in sandyford
    or use sigma telecom (fone fix) in finglas

All of the above are legit but you will still get good and bad service in each of them. MPRC probably do most of the work.

I'd say Sigma do all Meteor shop repairs which go through the Meteor shops so I'd say they're a good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭Sulmac

I cannot recommend Fonemenders highly enough; they fixed my phone and upgraded the software on it a few months ago for free, since it was still under warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

i dont no if sigma are still operating

fm mobiles in candem street will fix it on the spot though

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Kaizza wrote: »
    Thats happened to me now with my Nokia. Are they not obliged to fix my phone, it is only 6 months old?

Once you cause the damage, its nots covered under warranty. The only way for it to be done for free, would be under insurance, if you have accidental cover that is!

Advertisement