Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Cork City Gaol?

Options
  • 30-12-2009 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

Hi,

Does anyone know if there is a bus which stops near Cork City Gaol on Convent Ave, Sunday's Well? If so, what number is it?

I'm visiting Cork soon but am not at all familiar with the area!

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Gyre

Hi, I can't rememeber what number Bus Eirann bus goes up there but it only goes at one particular time like 10 in the morning or whatever. But you can get tour buses that bring you up there that run regularly. If you have trouble finding them, just check out the tourist information centre on Grand Parade and they can give you times etc.

Hope it helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Could get the no2 through Knocknaheeny, get off by the Church, walk down the laneway to the right of the school, then down Strawberry Hill, only about a 5-10 min walk I reckon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sd2002

razorblunt wrote: »
    Could get the no2 through Knocknaheeny, get off by the Church, walk down the laneway to the right of the school, then down Strawberry Hill, only about a 5-10 min walk I reckon.

Thanks. I'll try that.

It seems to be within walking distance of the city so could just walk there I suppose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 RPUinspector

three routes serve that area, route no's 1, 2 & 11, check out www.buseireann.ie these routes are on Cork City timetable link, http://www.buseireann.ie/bubble.php?id=59, route 2 Merchants Quay - Knocknaheeny direction.

Advertisement