Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where in Donegal to put my mobile home??

Options
  • 30-12-2009 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hello

I have just retired and i am looking into buying a mobile home and putting it on a site in Donegal. I preferably want it beside the sea(and beach), with plenty of walks in the surrounding areas. I am looking for a clean site of a high standard.

I had one twenty or thirty years ago on Fintra in Killybegs but this site is no longer in existence. I am finding it difficult to find information on the internet.

Hope someone can help me out!

Linola

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

linola_c wrote: »
    Hello

I have just retired and i am looking into buying a mobile home and putting it on a site in Donegal. I preferably want it beside the sea(and beach), with plenty of walks in the surrounding areas. I am looking for a clean site of a high standard.

I had one twenty or thirty years ago on Fintra in Killybegs but this site is no longer in existence. I am finding it difficult to find information on the internet.

Hope someone can help me out!

Linola

kerrykeel, downings or knockalla would be your best bet, afink kerrykeel has people in it most of the year well you see people in there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If you went to the people selling mobile homes you could probably get good information (as you pretend to be a perspective buyer:D) as they know all the sites and deal with the people on an on-going bases.
    Johnston Caravans in Letterkenny is probably one of the biggest ones, its just off the Dual-carriageway (up the road from the NCT centre).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 lallybaby

Downings has to be the most beautiful place in Ireland. The beaches are so clean and the people are really friendly. Even in winter it is lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

There are lots of great locations on Donegal, lots of Scenic locations and all not that bad for travelling to tourist attractions.

You need to checkout what service charges sites have etc and also planning as a few years ago one site did have planning problems. I'm sure Muffler can direct you to the appropriate Council info on planning.

The most popular areas for sited mobiles are mentioned above, and the advice on ringing Quinn Caravans or Johnston Caravans is well worth taking up. These are the two main local providers of the units while thare are quite a few independent site operators.

Downings, Knockalla, Portnoo, Rossnowlagh and Bundoran would be the hotspots for sites though maybe you could site on private land close to Murvagh, Rathmullan, in Inishowen or South West Donegal.

It depends on what you require, if you want a beach at the doorstep you will have to go with a site provider

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭linola_c

Great. This information is really appreciated!Thank you!

Now as regards to independent site operators...where would i get a list of these??This is what i am really interested in. I get the impression that these larger providers are going to be more expensive.

Thanks again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭mamakevf

Just to say, some parks will only accept brand new mobile homes so make sure first. ;)

Advertisement