Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on what beauty regime for upcoming wedding

• 30-12-2009 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi,

I am getting married in 6 months time and I want to start the "getting your face glowing on your wedding day" process soon. Can anyone suggest facials that I should get. I have heard that you should get a facial once a month before your wedding. If there is anyone out there that has any advice to offer, feel free to?

GB.
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

congrats on your upcoming big day. its reccomended to get a min of three facials in the run up to your day, but i would def focus more on drinking oceans of water, it really does make the difference. healthy natural diet helps, and cuttign out smoking helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

To be honest, the people I know with the best skin are not those who fork out 100 quid for a facial or slap on gold infused face cream produced by maidens at dawn. Boring as it may sound, it's the gals I know who guzzle loads of water and eat healthily who have the most glowing complexions.

What's the point in this ''minimum three facials pre-wedding'' if you're gonna load up on booze and junk food? Personally, I think what you put into your body is going to have a much more profound effect than anything you put on the surface of your skin for 20 minutes in a salon. Also, regular exercise helps rid your body of toxins (as you sweat) and will improve circulation, which also help[s eliminate free radicals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

To be honest, the people I know with the best skin are not those who fork out 100 quid for a facial or slap on gold infused face cream produced by maidens at dawn. Boring as it may sound, it's the gals I know who guzzle loads of water and eat healthily who have the most glowing complexions.

What's the point in this ''minimum three facials pre-wedding'' if you're gonna load up on booze and junk food? Personally, I think what you put into your body is going to have a much more profound effect than anything you put on the surface of your skin for 20 minutes in a salon. Also, regular exercise helps rid your body of toxins (as you sweat) and will improve circulation, which also help[s eliminate free radicals.

I couldn't have put it better myself. I think a healthy diet and drinking plenty of water are the two things that will really help you get that healthy glow. The last time I got a facial done, she did the Dermalogica face mapping on me and the beauty therapist told me that my skin was really dehyrated (even though I would be really good for drinking water). Since then, I've started to double my water intake and I can really notice the difference with my skin. I suppose it comes down to 'you are what you eat (and drink)'. It's also important to look your skin in terms of always making sure to cleanse, tone and moisturise. Again, I was told my cleanser wasn't working so I switched cleansers and I couldn't believe how much make up was coming off with the new cleanser. Making sure your skin is clean at the end of your day is so important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Im a bride to be also (3 and a half months) and found little info on this when I did a search a few months back- regarding what I should do running up to the wedding. I decided to feck it, and just focus on having a good regime and use good products. My skin is extremely dehydrated and it shows! I spend a fortune on oils and masques trying to combat this. I was drinking 3 litres of water (im in the feckin loo every 15 mins!!!) until recently - december has been a naughty month in terms of drinking too much alcohol, hangovers, junk food, not taking make up off ( i know,i know!).

Anyway in the run up to the wedding (starting next week!) ill be cutting out caffeine and upping the water big time. If anyone could suggest a good facial that would be great. My last few have been Dermalogica, but wasnt overly awed by it all.

Good luck with everything OP, and enjoy the mayhem :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Stella777

the biggest thing you could do for your skin is quit smoking, if you smoke. That's huge. Other posters have already mentioned diet and drinking plenty of water. Make sure to include plenty of healthy fats from seeds, nuts and avocados in your diet.

Another thing that will increase circulation and thus improve your glow is dry brushing. You could google the details, but basically you take a natural bristle body brush (try The Body Shop or health food stores) and brush your skin BEFORE the shower, when it's still dry. Short, vigourous, upwards strokes always going towards your heart. Start with your feet, moving up your legs towards your torso. Then from your fingertips up your arms and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

I'm in the same position - wedding in 6 months.

I read a 'glowing' (har har) review about an 'MD Formulations Illuminating facial' in Queen Be salon on Aungier st - www.queenbe.ie which is supposed to be amazing.

I'll be drowning myself in water too, but will try a few sessions of the above and see what difference it makes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

mrsberries wrote: »
    time. If anyone could suggest a good facial that would be great. My last few have been Dermalogica, but wasnt overly awed by it all.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a good facial (not dermalogica) thats both cleansing (have lots of underskin bumps) and calming at the same time. :)

Advertisement